Jump to content
  • 5

Make pinned notes editable


atrac

Idea

Just for simple stuff, like: 

marking off a checkbox, deleting or adding text. 

Also, since none of the note is currently editable, why do you have to hit the exact 'pinned note' icon in order actually open it. Surely you should be able to click or double click anywhere on the pinned note to open it. 

Link to comment

6 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 5/23/2021 at 8:15 PM, atrac said:

Just for simple stuff, like: 

marking off a checkbox, deleting or adding text. 

Also, since none of the note is currently editable, why do you have to hit the exact 'pinned note' icon in order actually open it. Surely you should be able to click or double click anywhere on the pinned note to open it. 

Yes, I have quick checklist for my pinned note.  It is unfortunate that it is not editable.  It would be great to quickly tick off the checklist.  Or add/edit the text or new checklist.

Yes, for iOS, you can click anywhere on the note and it open the note.  Not for Mac (inconsistent UX).  You need to click exactly on the "PINNED NOTE  >" to open the note.  Or use the "..." then open note.

Link to comment
  • 0
  • Level 5

If I am not mistaken, the dashboard shows only links to the notes, that stay safely in their original notebooks. This is why clicking it to open is necessary to get at the note itself.

If the „pinned“ widget is useful for you depends on your use case. I have read use cases where the pinned note displayed some useful information, without a need to instantly alter it. This seems useful to me, because the shortcuts widget doesn’t show content.

What would be your use case, for which a single click is already too much ?

Link to comment
  • 0
On 7/25/2021 at 12:20 PM, PinkElephant said:

 

What would be your use case, for which a single click is already too much ?

@PinkElephant  On EN for Mac, this is a daily annoyance. To open a pinned note on the Home dashboard, I have to click on the ellipsis in the upper right corner then click on Open Note in New Window.  I go to this note multiple times per day 

For simplicity there should be an option for single or double click anywhere on the pinned not to open it.  Having to click on a certain square centimeter on a 27" screen is not good UI/UX.

Link to comment
  • 0
29 minutes ago, snsokstan said:

@PinkElephant  On EN for Mac, this is a daily annoyance. To open a pinned note on the Home dashboard, I have to click on the ellipsis in the upper right corner then click on Open Note in New Window.  I go to this note multiple times per day 

For simplicity there should be an option for single or double click anywhere on the pinned not to open it.  Having to click on a certain square centimeter on a 27" screen is not good UI/UX.

I agree that it should be much easier to open a pinned note to edit it. In the mean time one thing you could do is to make that pinned note a shortcut - say at the top of the shortcut list. It can then be immediately opened with the keyboard shortcut (ctrl+1 or whatever the mac equivalent is). It doesn't open it in a new window but it does open it in the view which doesn't have a note list so is pretty big. Might be useful as a stop gap anyway.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...