Saving/sharing of attachments does not work

When I try to save an attachment to my phone or share it to other apps on my phone not the attachment itself will be shared but a link to the file within the filesystem, e.g.: file:///data/user/0/com.evernote/cache/evernoteCache/8239487/noteStore/bf11f866-5498-42bc-a35e-b8dbbd3b846b/6ab4ca5398ee69b4838a0c08dffd2872 

I have already cleared the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled evernote... nothing seems to help :( Therefore Evernote is useless...

• Samsungs Galaxy S20 
  • Android 11 
  • Evernote 10.9 (1113141)
  • Evernote Premium (for about 10 years!)

Edit: same mentioned here: 

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5

No need to double post.

Double answer (for the thread owner):

You can’t open a pdf (or other) attachment in v10 with another app, and later save it back.

You can download it to the phone, and then open it from there with another app. You can as well share it to an app.

To do this, click first on the blue „Edit“ button, then a short click on the attachment. When it has a blue rim, you have below some symbols.

• The down arrow is to download
  • Behind the 3 dots are more options, among them the option to share the attachment

You can send it through this to another app, but (on my tests) when you edit it there, and close it, it does not save back. So to get the changes back into EN, you need to share from the other app, and it will create a new note.

Some clicks, but this is the current way to work with attachments

26 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Some clicks, but this is the current way to work with attachments

A bad way - and a no go for such a software. Unfortunately there are no alternatives...