Opening in Evernote... or not.

Clip a note in Chrome Version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (x86_64) on Mac OS 11.3.1, Everntoe 10.13.4

Click on "continue in desktop app" - nothing happens.

Okay, click on "Continue in browser"... try editing note - nothing happens

1292192111_ScreenShot2021-05-19at10_13_38pm.thumb.png.11cf6830e6838c9d47c5cf276f06a860.png

Click on "Classic mode" - pop-up appears, okay, i'll leave some damn feedback.

Click "Click here" to share my thoughts... -

951915399_ScreenShot2021-05-19at10_12_06pm.thumb.png.550facd91ec15c6c3308bfaf282e02ac.png

"This site can't be reached". SMH. What is going on with Evernote?

2112511837_ScreenShot2021-05-19at10_12_30pm.thumb.png.67eab4dedd55d3557e2c5839a301d2c5.png

With every update, it seems like new features are added, which nobody asked for - and old broken features aren't even fixed.

Is now the time to export all my 8+ years of content?

It's easier to keep a customer than acquire a new one.

Stop putting in new shiny features which nobody asked for and keep your existing users happy by fixing broken things instead.

• Level 5*

Hi.  As a matter of interest,  what are all these shiny new features that you're seeing?  Apart from the 'Home' page setup,  all I've seen Evernote doing is slowly adding Legacy features back to v10 one step at a time...

And when you "clip a note in Chrome" - is this a web page?  Depending on the size it could take a while to get to the server,  and if you're then trying to start v10 up and edit that page further,  the new version seems to take a long while to get its act together... maybe giving the process substantially more time will help.

You're not (according to the Forum here) a subscriber,  so official channels are limited - try https://twitter.com/evernotehelps to contribute your frustrations...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Oh, but there are new features. Just to name a few:

• an editor that IMHO is really superior (not only because of long requested multiple highlighter colors)
  • a really usable web client (the Linux users seem to be quite happy nowadays)
  • some long awaited capabilities for the mobile (iOS) client, like nested tags and real table edits

Clearly everybody puts his focus on other aspects, yes some stuff is still missing or was removed, sure the more power (user) the more likely some workflow was mixed up - but EN v10 already has come a long way since launching last September. Currently the Android client is probably the weak spot in the complete lineup.

Who is still unhappy about the direction things are moving should think about moving on to another service. I am pretty sure there is no going back to „the good old days“, which I remember were not so good back then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 4:31 PM, PinkElephant said:

In case you didn’t know this: If you want to send anything to the EN team, use the feedback option build into the clients.

The forum may be read, whoever knows.

Not when they can't get their damn qualtrics properly working..............