Reminder emails no longer working?

GeorgeM
Go to solution Solved by Scott T.,

Idea

HI,

I just noticed I'm not getting the daily digest of reminders anymore, even though it's activated in my account. Looks like the last digest I received was in December of 2020.

Any thoughts? I rather liked getting these nudges.

Thanks.

236491473_ScreenShot2021-05-18at9_32_11AM.png.dcdd332abd925a05465af9b1a07daabc.png

11 replies to this idea

• Ex Employees
  • Solution

@GeorgeM This is a known issue and we have a developer looking into the problem. It's due to invalid date getting into the system, possibly via a 3rd party Evernote client, which is impacting the system that sends out the emails. The invalid data is likely not in your account, though. But the data in one account can cause the email sending system to halt in order to avoid any further problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks, Scott. I found a few more of the threads addressing the problem and your efforts to get at the root cause. Thanks for keeping us up to date, and good luck finding a fix. 

• Ex Employees

FWIW, we know the cause. It's more about deciding the right fix. I think "auto-healing" on the server side by cleaning up the bad data when we encounter it is the right solution. We have a case of duplicate data ending up in the system where duplicates shouldn't be allowed. So I think a secondary thing to do is also close the hole that is allowing the duplicates to enter the system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello @Scott T. and all who care about this topic.

I have a very similar issue since July or even earlier.  I do not get reminder emails as expected BUT, sometimes, I did got some reminders, I would say the successful rate is about 50%.

However, since the beginning of this month, the situation is getting worse, the successful rate is about 25%.  Only 1 out of 4 reminders arrived my mail box.

It would be appreciated if it could be fixed.

BTW, I use Android version and also the web version on Windows/MacOS.
I got almost no notification in my Android which seems to be a known symptoms, but I am fine if the email reminder works.

Best,
Giby