Two basic & urgent improvements for the sketch tool

doktorzirb

Idea

1. Please allow the users to select the radius of the erase tool. In its current state is too big for erasing small bits (like something inside a box) and too small for erasing big areas
  2. Please add a copy & paste function. Selection works fine, but you can only move the selection around, not to paste it elsewhere

The old ink note in EN pre-10 could inspire some improvements in current post-10 sketch tool. Despite its huge limitation of requiring separate special notes, hampering portability, it's remains better in recognizing shapes, and it includes copy & paste.

Being able to paste and edit images (unifying or avoiding the use of old good Sketch for images) would be a plus in the future

1 reply to this idea

You're looking for exactly some of the same sketch improvements as I am. In particular I would love to be able to paste images into sketch. 

In addition to what you noted, I am experiencing two issues with sketch:

1. Palm rejection noticeably worse than other apps on same devices (Samsung Tab S7, Samsung Galaxy Book Flex) .
  2. Two finger navigation to pan and zoom around sketch canvas is extremely clunky compared to other apps, it is very trigger happy on the zoom and sluggish on panning. 
    1. To potentially help with this, I would love to see a 1-finger pan option for devices with separate styluses.