Allow us to enter text into our notes even if "HTML"

SWSL
Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Idea

I just tried entering some text to my notes on vehicle maintenance (noting the work done as it was done) but the android v10 wouldn't allow me to. .  The curser won't appear into the line where I want to add text.  The text editor will only allow me to add to the end of the note.   

So - can we have text editing - within our notes - as a "feature" in the "new improved" version?   

As a clue, I see something at the top of my note - a label added by EN that says  "HTML content"  I did not put that there.   I have no idea what flavor of content I have in my notes nor how Evernote manages all that.  They have never indicated any such distinctions before.  I form notes as I go, copying and pasting sections from anywhere, web pages, pdfs, photos, word docs and then I also enter my own text and organize, format.  

But now I find that the note I wish to add text to has the "HTML" text label at the top and somehow that means I can't edit it?   Where did this come from?  Why can't Evernote Android deal with the text in my Evernote desktop created notes?  

Whatever the reason, please add this text editing feature to the new version as it worked in the old one so that I can use it again. 

Sorta like asking for a car with a steering wheel as a feature, I know.   

But that's where we are at now.

1 reply to this idea

• Solution
8 hours ago, SWSL said:

But now I find that the note I wish to add text to has the "HTML" text label at the top and somehow that means I can't edit it?   Where did this come from?

For me the html box normally comes from text add using the webclipper or by emailing a note into my ccount although I have ocassionally come across old notes that seem to have it for no apparent reason. This new feature is EN's attempt to cope with increasingly complex websites which often get messed up if converted into EN's native format. You can remove the html box by using "simplify and make editable" (wand icon which appears when you hover over teh html text header) or cliupping as simplified article in the first place. Both approaches will probably mess up the formatting.