Search an entire stack of notebooks? (instead of one particular notebook)

The more I use the new version the more I hate it. Something that used to be easy and instant is now multiple steps, or in this case it seems, not possible at all (unless I'm missing something)

I organize my notebooks in "Stacks". For an easy example, let's say I have a stack called "Recipes", and then under this stack are my notebooks, which in my case I separate out by diet types as I tend to switch my eating plan often.

So I have STACK:  Recipes
and Notebooks:    Keto, Paleo, Low-Carb, etc..

Well I used to be able to search through the entire stack at once. Like if I'm looking for a recipe that involves "spiralized" veggies, I might have recipes in multiple notebooks. But in the new version of Evernote I'm unable to find a way to search all the notebooks under the recipe stack at once.

Seems I have to go to FILTERS and then select ONLY one particular notebook only (and I can't even start to type the notebook name to find it I literally have to scroll down to find it manually)

So is there a convoluted way to search all notebooks in a stack or has this functionality been completely removed? 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, natv said:

So is there a convoluted way to search all notebooks in a stack or has this functionality been completely removed? 

You can still do it using the search syntax. Just type

stack:"stack name"

before the rest of your search. The inverted commas are only need if there is a space in the stack name.

10 hours ago, natv said:

(and I can't even start to type the notebook name to find it I literally have to scroll down to find it manually)

You don't say what platform you are using but in the desktop versions there is a search box in the filter for notebooks

image.png.2663320a5818bbfc1deaad24c71915b2.png

Alternatively if you type the beginning of the note book into the search you will get a list if suggestions which includes notebooks. Clicking the notebook name takes you to that notebook and you then have the option to filter by that notebook. 

image.png.e90e9bb5c42360cc9292b9039bc6270f.png

• Like 1

Thanks Mike, manually typing in stack:<name> works :)  -   but I think we can all agree this is not intuitive.

It used to be that if you were already "clicked into" a stack it would default to searching that stack. This should be re-implemented or at least add "Stack" to the filter options, as there is no way to otherwise search in a stack unless you know the secret method of manually typing in stack:name in the search box.

• Like 1