How to display "date created"

I can't seem to display the dates my notes were created in the notebook view. I can sort my notes by "date created" but I can't see the date the notes were created in the main notebook view, only: Title, Created by, Updated (date), Shared with, and actions.  I understand that I can go into any note and look at this information, but that's not helpful. 

I'm using Evernote to track meeting notes, and I have recurring meetings. I need to organize by date-created, is there a way to make with the web-based version or the mac version display this information in notebook view in addition to the fields above? 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

It's really weird that Evernote decided to drop this "feature". It's the biggest (well, the most frequently visited one) issue for me on Joplin but there is hope that it will eventually be implemented. And of course, now that I know that Evernote doesn't even care about it, I have even fewer reasons to go back to Evernote;). 

[I think this will probably stay implemented in the desktop clients. The mobile clients are pretty limited in a number of ways so there might not be much push to add this to them.]

• Level 5

@Jaycf If you want to see the creation date, follow this:

1. Go to notebook view, open the notebook you want 
  2. Click on the 3 dots menu top right
  3. Select from the view options „small“, you can as well decide to sort by creation date or by modification date
  4. To shorten the list, you can filter for periods, like last 7, 30 or 90 days
  • 6 months later...

@PinkElephant Thanks for your post - I figured out myself  how to see the create date.  BUT WHY  has Evernote made it necessary to make two clicks just to see the creation date?  Before it was right there to see at the top of the note.  I need to see the create date and time often.  Two clicks is insane for that.  I’ve been with Evernote 10 years and can not understand why useful, simple and efficient functionally is often removed.  

I’d just like to know the reason because it baffles me

Thank you

• Like 2
  • Level 5

The mobile client has little screen space. It may be relevant for you, but I doubt the note creation date is that relevant for the majority of users to display it permanently.

Another viewing option: When you go to notes list view, and select „Sort by creation date“, the date displayed in the list will change to the creation date. When sorting by „last modified“, it is the change date.

• Like 1

Thanks for reply.   In previous versions of EN there was an option to have all new notes start with naming protocol, such as "211225-...."   That was a nice option but I don't see it any more.  My best solution now is just name every note with that date convention.  No doubt you are right and functions that seem obvious and useful to one person aren't necessarily useful to all.  Happy holidays! 

• Like 1