Clipping/Saving to EN Android App Works Very Poorly

1. Whenever I try to save a webpage to Evernote on my Samsung Galaxy 10, the only thing that happens is that the EN app opens. But the clipping function doesn't appear. I wait and wait, but nothing. The clip didn't happen. So I have to go back to the browser and tell it to clip to EN again.

2. Then when I do it again, this time the clipping function will actually appear. But if EN was last used in my Personal profile and I want to clip to my Business profile (or vice versa), I have to stop the clipping process, switch accounts, go back to my browser, and try a 3rd time.

3. Now I can clip. But the Tagging feature does not work. I click on Add Tags, and nothing appears in the list. I have 100s of tags already defined. None of them are there.

4. A version or two ago, all these problems existed except for (3). But when I could tag, my next clip would assume I wanted the same tags. If I didn't want those tags, the only way to remove them was to scroll down my list of 100s of tags, and uncheck each of them. Not practical.

So every clip requires three attempts, and it doesn't even come with the ability to tag.

Does anyone at Evernote use the Android app? If so, someone might want to check and see if he's ok.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 5/14/2021 at 10:03 PM, Tim Kowal said:

1. Whenever I try to save a webpage to Evernote on my Samsung Galaxy 10, the only thing that happens is that the EN app opens. But the clipping function doesn't appear. I wait and wait, but nothing. The clip didn't happen. So I have to go back to the browser and tell it to clip to EN again.

2. Then when I do it again, this time the clipping function will actually appear. But if EN was last used in my Personal profile and I want to clip to my Business profile (or vice versa), I have to stop the clipping process, switch accounts, go back to my browser, and try a 3rd time.

3. Now I can clip. But the Tagging feature does not work. I click on Add Tags, and nothing appears in the list. I have 100s of tags already defined. None of them are there.

4. A version or two ago, all these problems existed except for (3). But when I could tag, my next clip would assume I wanted the same tags. If I didn't want those tags, the only way to remove them was to scroll down my list of 100s of tags, and uncheck each of them. Not practical.

So every clip requires three attempts, and it doesn't even come with the ability to tag.

Does anyone at Evernote use the Android app? If so, someone might want to check and see if he's ok.

same here!

• 1 month later...

In my continued monitoring of the functionality in Evernote 10 for Android relating to clipping and saving content, I have this to report to the group.

Previous status: Terrible.

New status: No change.

• 1 month later...

The fact that clipping now has to open the EN app (which is already slowish) is annoying.
Then the fact that you cannot change the notebook it saves to (the search doesn't work) makes this feature kind of labor intensive.
This is not clipping any more, it's worse than copy and paste.
My solution on Samsung Galaxy tablet? Back to version 8.x. Now clipping works as it should and the app is snappy (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/evernote-corporation/evernote/evernote-8-13-3-release/#downloads)

• Thanks 1

Same issue...but worse. I accepted my android clips would have to be organized on the desktop version due to not being able to change notebooks or the whole tagging thing where you are forced to deselect the previous tag and of course you can't add a new tag. 😑

But it's even worse because EN is clipping whatever I previously clipped, again! So I effectively lose whatever I was trying to save. It seems to pick whatever I had tried to share to evernote, the link says whatever it seems to have gotten stuck on, so I have to do it several times for it to work, if it will work at all.

It's very frustrating that everyone is saying to go back to previous version, but I like some of the new features and feel that I am paying for the development of them...soooo whyyyy is it such a hassle to get the bugs fixed before adding on more features????? Just like frickin Adobe...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 14.05.2021 at 21:03, Tim Kowal said:

Same on Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra. The fact that as mentioned old version clipping works as it should with no problems makes the matter quiet despairing until the clipping design of new version be changed.

• Level 5

Anybody here reported in to support ?

What did they tell ?

The mobile app in itself should not be the problem. On iOS clipping does allow notebook selection and opens with an empty tag section, ready to be filled.

Of course the web clipper on desktop is a far superior tool.

To the TO: It should be clear that when using a Teams / Business account, the right account needs to be open before the clipper can drop its load there. Mobile clipping works by sharing, no individual login. The desktop web clipper uses an own login, saved in the extension.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:42 AM, Danijo1 said:

Same issue...but worse. I accepted my android clips would have to be organized on the desktop version due to not being able to change notebooks or the whole tagging thing where you are forced to deselect the previous tag and of course you can't add a new tag. 😑

But it's even worse because EN is clipping whatever I previously clipped, again! So I effectively lose whatever I was trying to save. It seems to pick whatever I had tried to share to evernote, the link says whatever it seems to have gotten stuck on, so I have to do it several times for it to work, if it will work at all.

It's very frustrating that everyone is saying to go back to previous version, but I like some of the new features and feel that I am paying for the development of them...soooo whyyyy is it such a hassle to get the bugs fixed before adding on more features????? Just like frickin Adobe...

I have the same issue on Android - "clipping whatever I previously clipped" and having to keep trying, if it works at all - since the "new" EverNote app debuted on Android a while back (I'm currently on 10.17). I've been trying Notion and even MS Onenote, but I've been using EN for seven (7) years and I really don't want to learn a new app!

I have the same issue. It's also bad on iPad.

If I share from some other app to Evernote, then when I next open Evernote, it says 'Clipping <whatever>'. Sometimes is does this more than once, so I end up with duplicates. If I don't open Evernote for several days, or a week or more, I might have a number of notes which haven't been clipped yet. I assume that if a webpage I am clipping changes in the meantime, the clip might not contain the content I want.

I am really frustrated with Evernote. They really need to concentrate on having rock solid core functionality and nail that before adding new features. I have been using Evernote since 2008 and feel there has been a major regression in the last year or two.