Search will search old notes but not new ones.

Nutter

Idea

I started Evernote again today. I had used it a bit in 2018. I just made a 'test' note to test the search function. When I type 'vest' it will bring up a note I wrote in 2018 but not the note I just typed 5 minutes ago with the word vest. I tried truck, file, mobile and the search function is not picking up the words in my new notes. Is there a delay perhaps? Maybe the note needs to be there X amount of time?

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Nutter said:

I started Evernote again today. I had used it a bit in 2018. I just made a 'test' note to test the search function. When I type 'vest' it will bring up a note I wrote in 2018 but not the note I just typed 5 minutes ago with the word vest. I tried truck, file, mobile and the search function is not picking up the words in my new notes. Is there a delay perhaps? Maybe the note needs to be there X amount of time?

It was reported early on that there could be as long as a three minute delay for search results to update, designed in.

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

In the old app search index was local. In the new one it searches on the server (unless offline), so server action will determine the pace. No idea how fast this happens.

Can't remember if with the old IOS if searches updated more quickly....

• Level 5

In fact I really never had a problem with this. Usually once notes had synced to other clients, the indexing was done as well. Maybe it is because I usually import already OCRed scans, and text or web clips are easy to Index anyhow.

• Level 5*

Other than offline notebooks old IOS got all its search results from the server.  I just can't remember if those server indexes were updated faster.