Backup

wdl54

Idea

Please increase the number of Notes that can be selected at any one time (the current limit is 50).

I like to backup my notes monthly (just in case) but have hundreds of notes, and selecting them by groups of 50 is extremely cumbersome.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 replies to this idea

I full agree with you, but think you are too polite in your request. The limit to 50 notes is a recent (within the last year) downgrade of Evernote capacity. I can't see how Evernote can stay competitive by simply making it more difficult to move notes to another provider. A more positive approach to competition would be to improve service, not cripple features.

• Level 5*

We expect/hope the note selection limit to be increased

As to backup, an entire notebook can be exported with no note limit   
We recommend separate exports per notebook, since notebook information is not included innthe export data

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

In fact EN has not crippled anything. Who wants to export can use the „by notebook“ method in v10, or install the legacy client and have additional options. As described above exporting more than one notebook at any time creates a mess, because the notebook is not contained in the export file. Legacy allows to export automatically by scripting, which is not (yet ?) supported in v10.

There used to be a file where the note selection limit was set. It was no big deal to change it. Unfortunately this does not work any longer. It seems the parameter was moved away so at the moment for any free selection, we are stuck with the 50 notes limit.