Table of contents for note

Vadych

Idea

Now it is possible to put the headings of three levels.
It would be great if a table of contents for a note is automatically created based on them

• Like 6

5 replies to this idea

44 minutes ago, Vadych said:

Now it is possible to put the headings of three levels.
It would be great if a table of contents for a note is automatically created based on them

Just to clarify I think you mean a table of contents for the note not the old table of contents function in the lagacy which produced a separate TOC note with links to a number of other notes.

I completely agree with this idea, especially if it directly linked to the section of the note.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

You can create it - sort of. Just write several smaller notes instead of one big one, select them all, create the note links and place them into a TOC note. Not the same, but serves as a workaround.

Personally I hope that EN will use the header feature to take structuring text a little further, like TOC, collapsing and expanding text etc.

+1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Чтобы прояснить, я думаю, вы имеете в виду оглавление для заметки, а не старую функцию оглавления в лаге, которая создала отдельную заметку TOC со ссылками на ряд других заметок.

Полностью согласен с этой идеей, особенно если она напрямую связана с разделом заметки.

Yes, you got it right

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Please explain the "three levels"   
I'm not aware of any levels in the note contents

I assume he means the three header levels which become  <h1>,  <h2> and  <h3> in the .enex file

image.png.9cda3e41a346d67b833f755fff9fe88b.png

image.png.223590ec1efb141461155a1f40c1594a.png

The fact that EN are doing it this way does bode well for internal linking within a note at some stage in the future.

• Like 2

Yes, I fully agree to using the headers as a way to build the in-note table of contents. Please EN, have this feature! Notion and other note taking apps have this.