Simple Search field fix

I use EN for everything and like/depend on it a lot.

However, when using search I have 2 issues:

1. When EN paunches on my pc it comes up with an old search in the search box

2. whenever I click the "x" to clear the field, I have to place the cursor in the field to do my next search.  The cursor should just BE THERE after clearing it out. This is a small thing but incredibly annoying and slows don my use of EN. 

PLEASE PUT THE CURSOR IN THE SEARCH FIELD AFTER CLEARING IT OUT.

Thanks for listening,

Richard

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Richard_GG said:

You don't say what system you are using but on the Windows desktop version I can normally solve this by clearing the search and then completely exiting EN. ie make sure the elephant icon is no longer in the system tray. I sometimes even check there are no EN processes running in task manager.

9 hours ago, Richard_GG said:

2. whenever I click the "x" to clear the field, I have to place the cursor in the field to do my next search.  The cursor should just BE THERE after clearing it out. This is a small thing but incredibly annoying and slows don my use of EN.

Completely agree. On windows shift + tab places the cursor in the find field which might help a bit.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

For more than a week, I've been having the same issue. The same search, using a tag, keeps showing up when I launch Evernote.

So far nothing is working:

• I uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote. That at least solved the issue that it would take numerous tries to actually get out of that search. At lease now, I can remove the tag, click in the search bar and start a new search. 
  • I tried Mike P's suggestion - closed EN, stopped all processes in task manager, and restarted my computer. And the darn search showed up again! I'm going to reach out to support. 
On 5/7/2021 at 2:04 PM, Richard_GG said:

I use EN for everything and like/depend on it a lot.

However, when using search I have 2 issues:

PLEASE PUT THE CURSOR IN THE SEARCH FIELD AFTER CLEARING IT OUT.

Thanks for listening,

Richard

Same -- it's so annoying to start typing and then realize the field hasn't cleared.