when opening Evernote for the first time, it defaults to a search I did a couple weeks ago

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

A couple weeks ago, I did a search for the word "travel". Once I found what I was looking for, I exited out of the search and used Evernote like I normally do.

Now, any time I open Evernote for the first time (such as after restarting my computer), it opens to the search for "travel" instead of Home like I want. If I close Evernote and reopen it within the same session on my computer, it will open up on whatever I had most recently (such as All Notes, a particular notebook, etc.). The issue comes up specifically when I've shut down my computer. Exiting out of the search "travel" before shutting down my computer has no effect on whether the search appears when I start my computer and open Evernote.

I searched for possible things that would help, and see that there isn't a way to open up Home by default on Windows, and it says "When you open Evernote for Mac or Windows, you will see the screen you were on the last time you used Evernote." but I know that's false, it keeps opening to the "travel" search even though that wasn't the screen I was on last time I used Evernote.

• Level 5

Check if you created a „saved search“ by accident, and maybe marked it as a shortcut as well.

You find the saved searches in the search window.

It is not normal that  you get a saved search at startup, but better check this first.

• Solution
18 minutes ago, mike.antonacci said:

A couple weeks ago, I did a search for the word "travel". Once I found what I was looking for, I exited out of the search and used Evernote like I normally do.

EN can sometimes get a fixation on a certain search. You may have tried this already but I have found that the answer is to go to whatever view you want to appear on start up and then close down EN including making sure the elephant icon has gone from the system tray (bottom right). In other words don't just use the cross but make sure you have fully exited the app.

• Like 1