App keeps crashing (Evernote 10.12.6 on MacOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3)

Hi there

I have Evernote 10.12.6 on an MacBook Air (M1, 2020) and the app will routinely and frequently crash (several times a day). I can relaunch the app without too much hassle, but wanted to see if there's a solution to this irritating bug?

Cheers, 

James

On 5/6/2021 at 11:00 PM, Stillsy said:

Hi there

I have Evernote 10.12.6 on an MacBook Air (M1, 2020) and the app will routinely and frequently crash (several times a day). I can relaunch the app without too much hassle, but wanted to see if there's a solution to this irritating bug?

Cheers, 

James

I am having the same problem on a Mac but I am running 10.13.4, constantly crashing.

I'm having the same issue - new powerbook, just migrated, running Big Sur 11.2.3.  Seems like if I try to copy something, Evernote freezes and have to kill and relaunch app.  Very annoying

I have the same issue. I re-installed version 10.13.4 from the App store, but it still just hangs on starting with a popup "Something went wrong, sorry. Start Evernote again." (but in Dutch). This popup window just keeps coming back, until I kill it with "pkill -9 Evernote"

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-15 om 12.29.50.png

I am having a similar problem. The app freezes but often brings my iMac to a stand still, freezing every other app...and I have to reboot. And then the app usually requires 3 or 4 tries before it opens. Also after doing incremental system updates, the app won't work at all unless I reinstall (after removing a huge number of app-associated files using App Cleaner). For now I have stopped using the Evernote app; the frequent iMac freezes and reboots are disrupting my work. And I don't have the time to yet again go to Support to help figure this out. I find the situation unfortunate because I really like the app when it's running well.

• Level 5

Options may be:

Check in the activity monitor whether there is an EN (helper) process running high on resources. Then quit EN (cmd q), this should kill the process. When opening in many cases it works..

Sometimes it helps to restart the Mac once in a while.

Are you using the AppStore version or the direct download ? I prefer the direct install, less trouble from sandboxing.

Last resort: Install legacy