Convert web links to internal app links

I use evernote on mac and iPad. Any notes linked on my iPad become web links and open on the web rather than the app internally. I have to use the desktop to convert these links to internal app links so that they can open internally on the iPad. Is there a way to create internal links on iPad so that the linked notes appear on the iPad rather than the web?

Edited by Nasr Sadruddin
more text added

i am having the same problem - but it just seem to begin - when i use the web clipper i am getting a link rather than the whole article in my Evernote app - therefore the article has to open in a Browser - i prefer it opening in the app - would appreciate any Guidance - by the way - this happens when i am clipping from the Brave browser - it does not happen when using Chrome (which i have stopped using) and i don't know why

I'm having similar problem as reported by Nasr Sadruddin, but for me it is on iOS (since the Evernote major upgrade, it is not usable on my iPad): whenever I create an internal link on my iPhone, it becomes a web link instead of an internal app link.  This requires me to then update all those links when I'm on a macOS machine.  The link on the iPhone, however, behaves like an internal app link, making this behavior even more odd.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup It’s really annoying on iPad too. I make a ton of notes and use links constantly all the links on iPad and iPhone are web links which becomes a constant battle when I’m using the desktop app on my iMac. True in-app links for ios would be a big win for me. 

• 3 weeks later...

All these problems arise because Evernote makes a distinction between web and app links. This may make sense technologically, but not as a good user interface. Evernote should be smart enough to convert, on the fly, without user intervention, internal web links to internal app links. All links should be web links and Evernote should be smart enough to open them in the app if the have been clicked in the app.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

It is not quite that simple.  When you bring the Mac into play, I would like the links to be pastable into other documents and bring up the native evernote client to show them.  This often works with the “internal” links but is harder to make work with web links.

I think the Evernote Web Client should be able to handle the internal links.  Independent of that though, there are probably use cases for also having web links to work with other web applications.

The present situation is bad for the most likely use case where folks are moving between their iOS device and their desktop application and links done on the IOS device must be redone in the desktop app.

Agree, If I make an internal app link on ios, I'd like it to open internally on the Mac including the Legacy Mac version since the 10x version still consumes too many resources. Thanks

• Level 5

This will AFAIK not be possible.

Legacy uses its own database, locally installed. There is no way the iOS client can make a link to that database.

iOS can link to the cloud master file. Because legacy only syncs with it but uses the local data there is no bridge to legacy.