Evernote 10.9 appears to be totally unstable on my iPhone. I can open the app but it crashes frequently. Also I cannot remove pinned notes etc from the new Home Screen. 

This makes it effectively useless to me as an app. I am using it on an iPhone XS running iOS 14.5.1 and 256GB of storage. 

It would be great to solve this before I have to download all my notes to OneNote or Apple Notes. 

• Like 1

So it seems I may have solved it - the answer is (of course) to delete the app including all the downloaded data and then reinstall. Pretty poor to be honest. 

• Level 5

When you have a corrupt(ed) set of data, starting fresh all over is the only solution. Since iOS is heavily sandboxing all apps, there is not much else anybody can do.  I really don’t see any poverty in a sound reinstalling in this context - maybe it is just that other apps don’t ask you whether they should keep any data on uninstalling. They just dump everything without asking.

Be happy you could solve your problem.

• Level 5

If nobody told you: You did everything just fine. Because first thing when you go to support is „install the latest version“. This advise you get by automatic mail even before the first human takes a look at your ticket. Next to it on the eternal list of how to improve things probably is uninstall / reinstall. After that it becomes fuzzy.

So next time you can go directly to support. And because they will anyhow tell you this, before going to support: UPDATE-UNINSTALL-REINSTALL. I think they should include a button that does it all, maybe named the UUR-shortcut. 

😇