I want to use ALT+PrintScreen for screenshots - but that's not possible - why????

Hello there,

I gave v.10 of Evernote/Win a second try after half a year, and I'm instantly pissed. Sorry for the rant.

What worked like a charm in v.6, the hotkey ALT+PrintScreen for taking screenshots, is no longer possible.

So now I have to live (an re-learn) all the hotkeys that Evernote dictates me to use?!?!?

Why am I paying for this BS any longer...?

Screen_Capture_-_May_4__1_02_PM.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  Since users requested - er, "quite strongly" - that their experience be the same on every device,  pretty much everything about the new version is a compromise between what separate processes worked in various different technologies and operating systems.  It's not an upgrade,  it's a new product.  So there's a learning curve. 

Fortunately,  there's also a Legacy version which runs alongside (or instead of) the new one,  that will give you back all the old functionality.  So you have time to learn some of the tricks of the new service - while Evernote iron out some of the glitches.  I haven't updated/ graded yet and don't plan to for some time.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote 

Thanks,

I reverted to the legacy version, after I upgraded to an early release of v.10 - about half a year ago.

The downside is, Evernote explicitly will not support v.6 any longer (no bug fixes, no update, no nothing - thanks Evernote!).
And my legacy version is stalling every third click or so.

So I thought I could give v.10 another chance. But was again frustrated immediately :(

Personally, I don't mind a "learing curve". As long as it is an upward curve. But this product version is just degrading...
With lots of great features simply removed for the lame reason "t's not an upgrade,  it's a new product".

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

My legacy (actually the last public version 6.25.1) is still working OK - with updates firmly disabled.  You could try backing up your Legacy database and uninstalling everything with extreme prejudice with Revo Uninstaller (which removes leftover files that 'normal' uninstallers don't reach) and then reinstall 6.25.1 to see how that goes...

3 hours ago, Farbauti said:

What worked like a charm in v.6, the hotkey ALT+PrintScreen for taking screenshots, is no longer possible.

All the "global" shortcut keys are configurable because they may interfere with other apps. You can change them by accessing the keyboard shortcut menu ctrl-/ or the keyboard icon at the bottom of the sidebar. I don't know whether you can use alt + printscreen and can't check because I use that in another app.

image.png.fbd67237cad0f32c497f5b4ac0f8efd8.png

4 minutes ago, Mike P said:

All the "global" shortcut keys are configurable because they may interfere with other apps. You can change them by accessing the keyboard shortcut menu ctrl-/ or the keyboard icon at the bottom of the sidebar. I don't know whether you can use alt + printscreen and can't check because I use that in another app.

image.png.fbd67237cad0f32c497f5b4ac0f8efd8.png

Thanks Mike,

But no.

It simply won't let me enter the ALT+PrintScreen combo.

That's why I was asking... ;)