Search failing to find some notes

I do a search using the search box, e.g. "altruism". And note/s with that word in both title and text do not appear the results, though those notes are available. It's not the first time I've had trouble with the search in v10

There is nothing I can see that is special about the note. There is text and there are pasted images. 

Very frustrating.

Using 10.12.6  (latest)

Yeah, I was having some issues with saved searches through the weekend and earlier today, but seems to be working as expected as of this evening.  I suspect Evernote had an issue on their end, but would be nice if they let us know

This is what I predicted would happen in another post! There will be no acknowledgement from EN that it happened and no data about availability of the service - and yet we are supposed ot trust a server based search,

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be having the same problem: I have at least one specific note that Search seems to be unable to find. Even searching for a word that appears in the title does not return that note. And this seems to be the case across platforms with the new Evernote 10, in the sense that the web app and the Mac app are both unable to find that note. Even the new ⌘J doesn't find it.

I had this problem in the past, and it seems to me that if this persists, this would be a showstopper. Is this a known issue? If so, until this is fixed, does anyone know of a workaround?

-Alex

• Level 5

Sounds like an indexing problem. AFAIK V10 gets the index from the server.

You could try to copy the note, to create a duplicate, and see if that will be indexed since it is „new“ content.

Or try support - maybe they can identify the reason why the search is missing it.

Today search is able find content in that particular note. So I also suspect that this is a problem with their server-side indexer. I will try to contact Support about this, but it might be a hard one if a problem that I noticed today cannot be reproduced next day, unless they already know about it, in which case me contacting them might not be very useful.

-Alex