Evernote won't open on my Mac anymore - ERROR

I'm running Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3. Whenever I try to open Evernote, it says, "Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote."  I have deleted the desktop app and reinstalled several times, so I know I'm using the latest version of the app. I have also updated my Mac to make sure it has the latest software. This does not happen on my laptop, on my desktop Mac.

Anyone have any ideas on solutions to getting the desktop app to open on my Mac?

• Like 2

Big Sur on iMac - having the same issue. keeps crashing on opening the app. gets caught in unless loop of a screen to quit & restart. have to force quit in order for it to go away. 

my MacBook pro has the same Big Sur 11.3.1 & Evernote works fine. 

tried deleting app, rebooting. download the latest version off of App Store =  no luck. still crashes. unable to get a crashlog because it doesn't let me start the app. 

evernote.png

• Like 1

iMac (2015 retina) OS Big Sur 11.3.1

upon opening Evernote i am caught in an endless loop of a splash screen to restart the app. have to force quit in order to break out. 

tried uninstalling Evernote, reboot machine. then download latest version of Evernote & reinstall. still doesn't work. i can't get to the crashlog because the app never opens. it gets stuck in the opening splash screen. 

evernote.png

• Like 1

I am running Big Sur 11.3.1 and when I launch Evernote I get a box "Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote." I contacted Apple Support. They had me reinstall Big Sur. I trashed Evernote and reinstalled. It sometime almost loads, sometimes does not load at all, but never is usable. No problem on my MacBook that is Big Sur 11.3. This is a big bummer. Really interferes with my workflow. 

• Like 1

I am having the same issue. I have done the same, except I'm on my laptop; also . I'm running MAC OS 11.3.1.  It looks like you've not had an answer. I hope someone does.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem I tried installing the latest installer version (10.13.4...2607) but no change. So I went back to an older installer (10.6.9...225; dated Jan 25, 2021) and that now shows the same problem. This suggests that some internal file is trashed. I'm surprised that the Evernote folk have not responded, even to Premium members...

I did @maaly5 -- i had kept one in my downloads foldefr, but it had the same problem. That's why I think that the new version damaged one of the supporting files. I am totally perplexed as to why Evernote hasn't responded to this thread in some way.

• Level 5

This is a user forum - we other users may answer, and that is it. Subscribers have access to the support, and should use it if they can't locate a solution here.

To sort out Problems on the Mac:

• They often have a relation to some corrupted data or file, as suggested. Get the free app AppCleaner (if you don't have it already) and make a full uninstall. This means checking all boxes found by AppCleaner, not only those that are already ticked.
  • Restart the Mac
  • Reinstall the app, use the direct install from the web site, then log in, and wait for the initial sync to go through.

This should solve the problems.

@PinkElephant Thanks for your reply. Do you know how to reach support for premium members? I have not found any email or anything that I can submit. That's why it ended up on here. This was a last resort. I do appreciate your suggestions, all of which have been tried at least five times. Unfortunately, no success on solving the problem.