Evernote for Android version 10.9 release notes

• Administrator

Hi All,

Evernote for Android version 10.9 is now available. Version 10.9 is primarily a bug fix and stability release.

Fixed:

• Fix for issue where login can hang/freeze
  • Fix for issue with downloading images to the device
  • Fix for issue with audio not always recording properly if device screen goes to sleep
  • Misc. crash fixes
  • Additional performance improvements
  • Like 2

I just updated to the latest version of Evernote on my Google Pixel 3 XL, and as far as I can see it's much slower now, almost unusable.

Which part of performance has been improved?

5 hours ago, joki said:

I just updated to the latest version of Evernote on my Google Pixel 3 XL, and as far as I can see it's much slower now, almost unusable.

Which part of performance has been improved?

Same experience, remove and reinstall helps a little... this seems the default update method for Evernote on Android. Evernote is the only Android App I reinstall on a regular basis... don't know why but on all my devices the same experience, it is something with the app itself.  

Em 28/04/2021 at 16:39, Shane D. disse:

Hi All,

Evernote for Android version 10.9 is now available. Version 10.9 is primarily a bug fix and stability release.

Fixed:

• Fix for issue where login can hang/freeze
  • Fix for issue with downloading images to the device
  • Fix for issue with audio not always recording properly if device screen goes to sleep
  • Misc. crash fixes
  • Additional performance improvements

The reminder notification bug needs to be resolved urgently. The bug has been around for a while! That discourages you from using it

• Like 1

Why oh why did anyone think it would be a good idea to release 10.x before it was ready?

The previous version (8.1.3) was working fine. 

It is astonishing that the Evernote developers don't seem to be able to fix 10.x. 

I don't want to sound overly negative, but check the Play Store reviews. Evernote is "game over" unless the problems (speed) get fixed asap. 

😛

• Like 2
Guest arjanio

The desktop version works fine, but the latest Android versions sucks. I'm sorry to have to put it so bluntly. It looks nice and slick and all, but it's barely usable, like someone else already stated here. It takes incredibly long to load notes, and oftentimes they don't load at all. Evernote has proven extremely valuable to me over the years, but if this doesn't get solved any time soon, then I'm afraid I will have to consider alternatives. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.