Why are my tickbox lists all being transform into "to do" style list?!?

I am using a lot the checkbox lists to make, for example, shopping lists. So when I tick an item, I just want the box to be checked.

Since a few months, all those list are being transformed into "strike text when ticked" list (for to-do lists) as soon as I add an item to the list. When it first happen, I thought it was a bug, and that it would be fixed in the next few updates, but nothing as changed.

Is there any way to keep the lists as they were that I would have missed? It is really a bugger.

Thanks a lot.

Screenshot_20210428-153223_Evernote.jpg

Screenshot_20210428-153249_Evernote.jpg

14 hours ago, Elle-Même said:

Is there any way to keep the lists as they were that I would have missed?

Checkboxes still exist as you can see from your second screen shot. However if you put a checkbox at the beginning of a line EN will interpret this as a checklist. The answer is simply to put another character first eg a period

Thanks @Mike P for your input.

So your answer confirms what I thought : it's a new "feature" of the app. Is there any way to let the developers know that it's not so great for everyone?

In the meantime, I will use your workaround trick. I also have an older tablet that runs a version 8 of the app, so I can use it when I have more editing to do.

8 hours ago, Elle-Même said:

Is there any way to let the developers know that it's not so great for everyone?

Yes, you can use the feedback option within the app: configuration menu / support / feedback