Would much prefer the "Go To Notebook" button be replaced with the "Move Note" functionality

In the new Evernote (10.x) I have it set up so nearly everything gets dumped into an "Inbox" notebook. When I process the notes I invariably go to the top and click on the "Go To Notebook" button which usually ends up doing nothing since I'm usually already in that notebook. 

While I'm clicking "Go To Notebook" the "Move Note" button slowly materializes next to it.

Frankly I can think of no circumstances where I would ever want to use the "Go To Notebook" feature where I can only go to the single notebook, but I imagine there must be workflows out there where this makes some kind of sense.

Any chance we can either change the "Go To Notebook" button to "Move Notebook" or at least have the "Move Note" button stay visible so you don't have to wait for it to appear (usually after you've already clicked on the button that's showing)?

Beyond that and a few missing keyboard shortcuts.. and tabs... I really miss tabs... the new interface is pretty solid and I do like the consistency as I move constantly between MacOS, iOS, iPadOS and Android OS.

Best Regards, 

Marc

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Marc B said:

Any chance we can either change the "Go To Notebook" button to "Move Notebook" or at least have the "Move Note" button stay visible so you don't have to wait for it to appear (usually after you've already clicked on the button that's showing)?

I think there is little chance they change the primary action on clicking the notebook name, although I wish they would. This was one of the harder transitions for me when moving to v10. While it was great when they added that move button early in the v10 updates, it makes no sense why it has to be hidden. There is no space savings so it would be great if that were just always there. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Marc B said:

or at least have the "Move Note" button stay visible so you don't have to wait for it to appear

I completely agree that it should be always visible,

14 hours ago, Marc B said:

Beyond that and a few missing keyboard shortcuts

Fortunately one of the shortcuts which is not missing is alt-shift-M (on windows) which is obviously the same as hitting the ellusive "move notebook" icon.

Personally I just drag and drop the note into the desired notebook in the sidebar.

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

Fortunately one of the shortcuts which is not missing is alt-shift-M (on windows) which is obviously the same as hitting the ellusive "move notebook" icon.

I have found that "Move" shortcut (control+command+M on Mac) is not reliable when you have multiple notes open in windows and then try to move a note that is within a search result.  I have not done any trouble shooting to see the exact situation where this happens, but I have found instances where I have a note open then try to use that shortcut within the main search results while working on something else and find that the note open in the background was moved to an inappropriate notebook.  Since it is inconsistent, I usually end up using the menu... which is a pain.

While we are on the topic of using that notebook name at the top of the note as a move button (or more likely keeping the move icon always present).... can we get back the ability to switch notebooks by clicking the name at the top of the list like we could in legacy? It was great when that was a searchable dropdown to switch to different notebooks.  I am really hoping that the "quick" switcher Cmd+Q solves this problem globally.

• Like 1