List of features that "do" work me in the New (young/immature) EN

Let's observe what's is right from left← vs →right) then move upwards (maturity/full blown super powers)
(mainly because if we observe what's wrong all the time, then we feed the "WRONG" Beast with frustration, anguish, wrath, disappointment, asif four horsemen of the Apocalypse. LOL

So, we get what we are focused on, so let's focus on what is right with our beloved EN.

- I noticed on my TUSK EN for windows that when I was processing my GTD Inbox the notes stayed in view, in other versions of EN, the note would disappear from view as soon as I move it to another notebook which was a "Sh*t forgot to add something to the note" which require go hunting and waste my precious life/time finding the slippery note. LOL So like that the note stays in view now. Happy

Will continue adding items to the list. GMP to all.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Tonymynd said:

because if we observe what's wrong all the time, then we feed the "WRONG" Beast

I'm also a glass half full person     
Can't help (I'm still on Evernote Legacy) but I do focus on best use for the tools I've chosen to work with

• Like 2
  • Level 5

I like EN for iOS, because

• the offline download works and is even superior to desktop
  • the new editor is a real step forward
  • tags now can be nested on mobile as well
  • tables now can be created and edited 
  • Sketch allows to quickly grab ideas visually
  • to be continued

Main areas of improvement are

• enable split view for the iPad
  • enable multiple notes operations, maybe just for downloaded content
  • bring back the Apple Watch app 
  • better handwriting support
  • sound printing option, including pdf creation
  • Like 1
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, Tonymynd said:

I noticed on my TUSK EN for windows that when I was processing my GTD Inbox the notes stayed in view, in other versions of EN, the note would disappear from view as soon as I move it to another notebook

V10 search results lag updates.  This is s PITA for my use case.  If I'm working a search results list I like the items to disappear from the list as I make whatever update it is that disqualifies the item from the search, reminder date range for example (saving removing a tag to last update is a hard learned lesson). 

There is an option in legacy which enables that, checking the Search when note is updated box in Tools - Options - Search.   No such option in V10 - just the native lag incurred based upon the tech deployed.  I find this to be a path of least resistance design decision.  Unfortunate but it is what it is.

I want to be positive but I am still on 6.25.1 for this and too many other things at this point, speed on the top of the list.

• Like 3
On 4/28/2021 at 2:48 PM, PinkElephant said:

I like EN for iOS, because

• the offline download works and is even superior to desktop
  • the new editor is a real step forward
  • tags now can be nested on mobile as well
  • tables now can be created and edited 
  • Sketch allows to quickly grab ideas visually
  • to be continued

Main areas of improvement are

• enable split view for the iPad
  • enable multiple notes operations, maybe just for downloaded content
  • bring back the Apple Watch app 
  • better handwriting support
  • sound printing option, including pdf creation

Thanks, Revealing stuff. Now that we have one platform for all SO's communication between us is a BIG plus for improvement in user communication and empowerment. In the past it was a mess of missing options between MS & Apple, so it was harder to help others in EN due to the differente SO, but now seems to be more homogenous. 

On 4/28/2021 at 7:13 PM, CalS said:

V10 search results lag updates.  This is s PITA for my use case.  If I'm working a search results list I like the items to disappear from the list as I make whatever update it is that disqualifies the item from the search, reminder date range for example (saving removing a tag to last update is a hard learned lesson). 

There is an option in legacy which enables that, checking the Search when note is updated box in Tools - Options - Search.   No such option in V10 - just the native lag incurred based upon the tech deployed.  I find this to be a path of least resistance design decision.  Unfortunate but it is what it is.

I want to be positive but I am still on 6.25.1 for this and too many other things at this point, speed on the top of the list.

Thanks CalS, interesting comment. I definitely agree with you in speed. e.g. to capture an idea, I pull my GTD Wallet with notebook in less than 2 seconds, but if that's missing I got to pull my cellphone, but EN 10 takes more than 15 seconds aprox. to load up, by that time idea is forgotten, opportunity is gone.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Tonymynd said:

my cellphone, but EN 10 takes more than 15 seconds aprox. to load up

Something is wrong then. Just tested on my iPhone and from being in another note and having to exit that note before creating a new note took 4 seconds until I could start typing something. 

Even though I have been with EN for more than 10 years I have found myself using v10 more than any legacy version. Overall a big improvement to me - honestly not sure there are any downside to my workflow since around 10.4 or so. I know everyone uses EN differently, but for me v10 is great. 

• Level 5

Speed can be influenced by several things:

• Age of the device - an iPhone 6S has roughly 1/10th the transistor count of an iPhone 12
  • Wifi speed - use 5GHz whenever possible, 2.4GHz bands are often very crowded 
  • Internet speed

We run v10 iOS on older devices as well - speed improved with the last releases, but gradually.