Last update for Android 9 June 2020?!

Does anyone know why Evernote for Android 9 hasn't received any updates for the past 8 MONTHS?  Not even minor patch updates!  I'm paying premium for Windows features that do not carry over to Android.  The blog post states: "We expect to broaden OS version support in the early months of 2021". 

Has anyone heard any rumors regarding how close they are to finishing the Android 9 version?   And why are limited to releasing it on Android 10 at first?  Is their team too small or is there something wrong with their development process? 

I like Evernote but it is frustrating paying for premium and getting a product that has such a disconnect between platforms.  I have the Note 8 so I can't upgrade my OS beyond version 9.   So I'm paying the same price per month but for less features.   
  • Like 1
  • Level 5

All clients below v10 are end of life. They will not be developed further, and will most likely not see any updates.

The more relevant question is why your device is locked into Android 9 ? 

OK, this question is sort of not fair, given the inability of most Android device manufacturers to offer even basic update services. But why should EN solve this problem created by others, by continuing to develop new software for outdated Android releases that were orphaned by the same company that made and sold the device in first place ?

They have not stated anywhere that Android OS versions before 10 are end of life.  Do you have a link that states this?  The mobile app will come out on older Android versions at a later time.   The way I look at it is that I have a perfectly powerful phone and no reason to upgrade just for Evernote.  Notion, Todoist, TimeTune, and YNAB and every other app that I use doesn't have a problem developing for previous Android versions. Only Evernote has that issue.   I could root my phone to upgrade to the next OS but the risks with that are just not worth it to me.   

• Like 1
  • Level 5

OK, but all clients below v10 are end of life.

So it basically boils down to the question whether there will be a EN v10 Android client released to Android versions below A10.

They say they are working hard on an Android client for A9 and below. Taking the trouble that still exists with v10 Android into account we will have to wait and see.

As I understand it the old Android client is still working, so it is not the question of not being able to use EN. It is just not the newest client, and it will AFAIK not receive any further updates. But as long as the phone is not updated, it should be good to go.