Checklists and bullets

I just upgraded to the latest version and am discovering some troubling aspects of the use of checklists and bullets, as follows:

1. I tend to rely on bullet lists while taking notes during a call. I also like to intersperse a checklist box in the midst of the bullet list, which gives me the ability to quickly see action items in the midst of the bullet list of data. Unfortunately, if I add a checklist button, the entire bullet list changes over to a checklist. So, my question is if there is a way to intermix bullets with checklist boxes, as in the "old" version of Evernote.
  2. I also like to show two checkboxes side by side, which designates and action item in the hands of someone else. This also seems not doable now. Is that the case and if so, and suggestions on alternative solutions?
  3. And, finally, when clicking on a checkbox, it now lines out the item. Is there a way to turn that feature off and just allow for a checked box without changing the text of the item?

Any help on the above would be appreciated. We all get used to doing things in certain ways, and it appears the "new" Evernote is determined to change our ingrained habits (I have been using Evernote for over 15 years....).

Thanks!

image.png.98cc372f769b7c380c513ea90b61f1c0.png

Using most recent Mac App Store release I could not figure a quicker way out then adding an extra line break - looks like each list type is probably within a container of some sort so it all has to be the same thing. And then adding a line break after a checkbox turned it into a checklist - someone else might have a better idea than me for keeping checkbox...

57 minutes ago, shekala said:

I just upgraded to the latest version and am discovering some troubling aspects of the use of checklists and bullets, as follows:

It's worth noticing first that EN contains both the old check boxes and the new checklist. The checklist must start with a checklist type box and crosses text out when the box is ticked. The check box can be addded from the insert menu. However if you start a line with a check box EN will automatically assume you want a checklist. The trick then is to remember the markdown style formatting (open square bracket close square bracket) and to never start a line with a checkbox if you don't want it converted into a checklist.

In terms of your specific questions.

1. If you don't mind the line with a checkbox starting with a bullet point then type something like <period ><open square bracket><close square bracket> which will give youimage.png.d84df26e64515f1fb8cade264559e57b.png

2. Same as above

image.png.632784b47511127720790d1b7e76ad3b.png

3. Just put something like a period first (one space doesn't always work although two spaces is more reliable. I've never had a problem with period)

image.png.a6832b04031138ad1953a6e3308a8113.png

Obviously you can add a checkbox anywhere else in the line with no problem. The nice thing is that you can drag items around to reorder in any of the three types of lists (numbered, bulleted or checklists)

• Like 1

I really being so confused with this issue of Checkbox vs Check list. Why Evernote wants to confuse users with this subject having more important ones to focus.

A series of Boxes all aligned can be called check list of check boxes. Anything to be under any specific Check list/ check box has to be indented to the right, and preferable start the list with bullet points.

What I would like as a user seeking easier way to do things is probably how to switch very quickly from [] to a bullet point and viceverse.

Thank you,

Jorge

6 hours ago, JOrge Sanguino said:

What I would like as a user seeking easier way to do things is probably how to switch very quickly from [] to a bullet point and viceverse.

If you use a checklist you can do that very easily. Just highlight the checklist and click the bullet (or numbered list) and it will change it. You can cycle between any of the three types of list by just clicking the icon.

• Like 1