Inline Storing of attachments

Hello! This morning Evernote installed an update and one of the most important features stopped working.

Normally I can pull a file, i.e. Word, PPT or PDF, into a note and it will be attached, but I also can see the content.

On Friday last week it worked fine, but after the update it is just attaching the document but is not converting it. This means I need to download the file to read the content or search.

Any idea on this?

Stefan

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Have you been „upped“ to v10 by accident ?

The old clients do not get updates any longer, they just may be upgraded to v10.

If this happened, you can install the legacy client side by side. On first login it will sync the content from the EN server, and you are good to go again, as you did before. It is equivalent to 7.14 (Mac) and will never update.

On the other hand v10 is the platform for the further development of EN, so maybe better to give it a try. You are free (as many in the forum, including myself) to not be satisfied with what you get at the moment, but on the other hand the new version has some nice features as well.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Stefan Krause said:

Normally I can pull a file, i.e. Word, PPT or PDF, into a note and it will be attached, but I also can see the content.

If you right-click the attachment, do you have a choice of view options?1063696567_ScreenShot2021-04-26at13_11_51.png.f6c5874917e754163730265992918824.png

• Level 5

You can attach any thing, but it will more work as a file storage than an active document.

What I don’t know at the moment is if it will be indexed for search even when it can’t be displayed. For me that would be relevant, because without I better put it some place where Spotlight will index it.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Stefan Krause said:

as pdf still works i guess need to go through pdf conversion before adding to en

I tried with an iWorks document (Numbers) on a Mac
I can confirm that we no longer have the inline/attachment display  option for attachments except for pdf

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I can confirm that we no longer have the inline/attachment display  option for attachments except for pdf

So you can join us Windows folk who have never had inline views of anything except pdfs!

• Sad 1

hmmmm... this is strange... was a big advantage over OneNote and the reason why I decided to stay.

OneNote converts Office files into PDF and attaches both, so no extra step. But if I have to do this on my own for EN, will not be doomsday, but not nice....

But just in case EN team reads this.... those features are why people pay a premium over OneNote for EN.

If you take away those features, do it for free version, but leave it for paying customer

• Level 5

The clients are the same software for Basic and for Premium - the difference is made by server based services.

You can use the feedback function build into the new client to send this to EN (no responses) or issue a support ticket (with answer).

• 2 years later...