Requesting restoration of creating a new note in a new window

tbonse

Idea

In pre-Version 10 instances of Evernote on the Mac, the default behavior was to create a new window, when creating a new note. In versions >= 10.0, this is no longer the default behavior and there are no options to achieve the older behavior.

My request is that even if this behavior is not made default, it would be beneficial to at least have the option of this behavior for those people who prefer the creation of a new window. While I would like to see this as a general preference option(s) for user selection of default new-note/new-notebook/link behavior, having right-mouse menu or keyboard options to achieve the same goal would also be acceptable alternatives. I can understand the elimination of this option on phones and tablets, but in a desktop/laptop environment the elimination of this behavior causes additional work in order to achieve a semblance of the prior behavior. Since the upgrade to one of the 10.x versions of Evernote, having a new window, for a new note, now results in a multi-click process to achieve the same ends, with the loss of place/position in the original window page.

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet