Filtering pending tasks in to-do lists (ticker list). Is this even possible?

Hi, 

Newbie at Evernote.

I've got a NOTE with several long to-do lists (ticker lists) and I'd love the possibility to view a summary only including the tasks that are still pending (not marked as 'done').

I suspect this is not possible with Evernote because it's not a programming language and the aim of the program is simply to emulate a notepad... but who knows, maybe there are embedded features unknown to me that might simulate some sort of "query ability". Are there?

Thanks

Thanks @gazumped.... sadly, not quite. The hint you gave me is indeed helpful but, as far as I understood, with the parameter "todo:false" one can identify "all notes containing a checkbox that is not checked" but I am interested in seeing only the unchecked items in the note, otherwise it beats my purpose.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, EnricM said:

Thanks @gazumped.... sadly, not quite. The hint you gave me is indeed helpful but, as far as I understood, with the parameter "todo:false" one can identify "all notes containing a checkbox that is not checked" but I am interested in seeing only the unchecked items in the note, otherwise it beats my purpose.

If you're referring to a situation where you'd have 10 checkboxes with most of them ticked,  and you only want to see the few that remain unticked,  then that's not possible.  Evernote can't extract parts of a note and display them elsewhere.  If each checkbox is in a separate note,  then It's possible to list only those unchecked notes.  Otherwise what you see is all their is.

• Level 5*
On 4/22/2021 at 7:50 AM, EnricM said:

I've got a NOTE with several long to-do lists (ticker lists) and I'd love the possibility to view a summary only including the tasks that are still pending (not marked as 'done').

That's the problem with keeping to-do lists in a note   
fyi  Evernote added the checklist feature which applies strikethrough to completed iitems

My workflow is separate notes for each task   
My to-do list is a list of the notes, filtered by specific criteria; for example pending 

fwiw I make use of the reminder feature   
          It stores due date (optional) and completion status/date

• Level 5*

Although I use Evernote pretty intensively,  I also use Workflowy which handles the same issue slightly differently.  Completed items in a list can be shown... or not.

As example:  Shown

248972039_ScreenClip2.png.3d36c38301376e2c6ed085d2177ba67f.png

-Hidden

1262084836_ScreenClip3.png.cd4ed0136d75fda0a1a87f091f0efea9.png

Any list I have in Workflowy link back to more detailed information in Evernote as here.