View and edit geo location info of notes in windows client

Alxa

Idea

I just thought it was a bug, since you cannot see the location info of a note in information dialogue. Just chatted with support and they confirmed that it was not implemented in the new windows client. They would pass it through to developement for consideration. I was really shocked, that even this obvious functionality has been removed from the new client. I consider location info as metadata of a note (if existing) as time and date of creation and so on. Time and place - what a potential for future development in search - sad they dropped it. 😞

5 replies to this idea

9 minutes ago, Alxa said:

I just thought it was a bug, since you cannot see the location info of a note in information dialogue.

I don't understand what you need. The location of the note is at the top of the note and in the note info window. 

image.png.b8ff9e06a81e5b3924ca612ec08e291a.png

It is not about the notebook. It is about the geo location that is added to the note when it was created. In legacy you can see this as follows. A click on it even opens the map. I edited the thread title to make it clearer.

image.png.f8639a18bcb7d6e4022df5a5105906aa.png

You can even edit the location afterwards

image.png.47a614752a9d3284b8f2dcd8a39fc0ea.png

23 minutes ago, Alxa said:

It is not about the notebook. It is about the geo location that is added to the note when it was created. In legacy you can see this as follows. A click on it even opens the map. I edited the thread title to make it clearer.

Sorry. I don't understand why EN use location when they mean notebook! Thanks for clarifying the title.

The information is still there in V10 - if you export a note and examine the enex file in a text editor you can see the long and lat numbers. The search for longitude and latitude still works as well. But you can't see the data in the actual app. Very strange.

Hi,

I would like to see that feature back too, with map view and location sorting options.

If the info is still in the data, it should be easy to just display it like before.

I'm still using Legacy but V10 is moving in the rignt direction, implementing back most of the old good features. Keep going!

PS: Sorry for my bad english speaking.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The location where a note was created (if it exists) is visible for example in the iOS client, including a view in Apple Maps.

That it is not visible in Windows probably is caused by MS AFAIK having no integration with a map service.

• Confused 1