Usage of apple pencil with last evernote update is unfortunately a disaster or did I miss something?

I have been using Evernote for many years.... But now I'm really struggling...

Using Evernot with my Ipad Pro and apple pencil just to make notes (instead of using the keyboard) was top before.

Since the last update, the application is frustrating, complicated. confusing and definitely not user-friendly.

Or did  I miss something?

• 1 month later...

No, you did not miss anything. Evernote on iPad is broken experience. Apple pencil has been around for ages and no real effort has been made to integrate it. There is an isolated option present but that is the worst possible implementation. 

• Level 5

Apple Pencil works with the iPad app. Use the Sketch feature to add a canvas, and you are ready to go.

2 things to remember:

Pencil use can collide with the „Scribble“ Pen-to-Text conversion Apple has introduced with iOS 14. Since Scribble was and is not available for all languages, it may get active with a new iOS version when a new language is added. It may help to switch Scribble off, which however takes it away for all apps. AFAIK no simple fix for this problem.

Sketch does not have a smoothing of the handwriting. The writing in (say) GoodNotes 5 is neater because the App optimizes the input. If it should look good, better use a dedicated handwriting app.