Apple OS X, Desktop App - Printing to PDF does not preserve hyperlinks

Typically, apps running on the Apple OS X are able to print to PDF and preserve hyperlinks in the PDF. Evernote does not preserver hyperlinks when printing a Note to a PDF. This means I can't create lists of web links or mailto addresses to PDF, a valuable feature.

MacOS X v10.15.7 Catalina, Evernote v10.11.5

• 2 weeks later...

Before the big rewrite, Evernote used to include hyperlinks in the PDF. Without that capability, I cannot print my research notes to a PDF that non-Evernote users can use. Maybe that was the Evernote team's intention, but it takes away a major benefit. So to send my research to others, I have to copy and paste to a Word document.

Please reinstate the hyperlinks.

• Like 2
On 4/30/2021 at 4:36 PM, PinkElephant said:

The create pdf seems to use the print function, and this is always without Hyperlinks.

Not "always." Not so. The OS X Print window includes a PDF dropdown menu with a "Save As PDF" option. MANY OS X Applications preserve links when this options is used (some, alas, do not). Currently, Evernote does not. According to mjevernote above, it once did.

Such an important and useful feature should be restored.

• Like 1
On 4/30/2021 at 1:36 PM, PinkElephant said:

The create pdf seems to use the print function, and this is always without Hyperlinks.

EN IMHO needs to make a real save-to-pdf option to allow for Hyperlinks to be preserved.

This is inaccurate. The Legacy app always preserved links when printing and saving to PDF. It still does. I just tried it and the links were preserved. Also tried it on the beta desktop app and the production one and they are not preserved, which is something that needs too be fixed asap.

• Like 2