Font size issue

Randy Cain

Idea

This has been an eternal issue with Evernote for years.  New notes want to default to a font size of 16.  If I've already created a note that I edit on an ongoing basis and want to change the ENTIRE note to a font size of 20, for instance, why can't I simply hit Select All, change it to 20, and be done with it?  It will appear initially that it works, but it NEVER EVER really works....because as soon as you start hitting the return button to go to a new line, half the time the font changes back to 16.  What am I doing wrong???  I'm using V10 of the app on Mac OS. The web version does the same thing.  

7 replies to this idea

3 hours ago, Randy Cain said:

If I've already created a note that I edit on an ongoing basis and want to change the ENTIRE note to a font size of 20, for instance, why can't I simply hit Select All, change it to 20, and be done with it?

What version and platform are you using?

I don't really have this issue wih V10 on windows. Plus with the advent of the four header/normal text styles you have the added ability to change the style to whatever you want for the whole note.

6 hours ago, Mike P said:

What version and platform are you using?

I don't really have this issue wih V10 on windows. Plus with the advent of the four header/normal text styles you have the added ability to change the style to whatever you want for the whole note.

That doesn't seem to work either.  Sure, I can change the entire style of the note, but as soon as I put the cursor at the end of a line and press enter, I'm automatically back to typing at size 16 font.  

I'm using V10 of the app on Mac OS. The web version does the same thing.  

7 hours ago, Randy Cain said:

Sure, I can change the entire style of the note, but as soon as I put the cursor at the end of a line and press enter, I'm automatically back to typing at size 16 font.  

So you are updating "normal text" to match your desired style and it is reverting to back to the default font?

image.png.011ab92daf1b48e500659e35ee8ebb1c.png

Just one example - Earlier today I created a new note.  I set the font size to 18.  I type a bunch of bullet points, and everything remains at the font size of 18.  But every time I copy paste using Shift-Alt-V, it's pasted in font size of 16 instead of 18.  So literally every time I copy-paste into the new note, I have to highlight and change the font size to 18 so that it will match the rest of the note.  

53 minutes ago, Randy Cain said:

Just one example - Earlier today I created a new note.  I set the font size to 18.  I type a bunch of bullet points, and everything remains at the font size of 18.  But every time I copy paste using Shift-Alt-V, it's pasted in font size of 16 instead of 18.  So literally every time I copy-paste into the new note, I have to highlight and change the font size to 18 so that it will match the rest of the note.  

And you have updated "normal text" to 18 as I have been suggesting?

Wow, I think you fixed my issue!!  I've been on the run tonight and guilty of not thoroughly digesting your previous message with the image.  I didn't understand what those options were.  Thank you!!!!  :) 

• Thanks 1

The font is really small when you’re using iOS versions of Evernote.

It’s not much as an issue with laptops. It’s been an old problem. I think for people who was into evernote more than ten years now, like myself -more than 20k notes- it’s still a problem. I manage and offer it up as mortification. But I worry that you’d not get more new subscribers if they don’t do anything at all with the issue. DefaultText size is fundamental, and I am NOT referring to the capability to CHANGE font or something, its there, we can see it... Default text size is essential for any on-the-go note taking app.