My template in New Note menu

thisisbenwoo

Idea

Hi, 

I've just created a new template. I see that the only way to apply my new template is to create a New Note, then click Template, then My Templates, and then my desired Template. That means that it will take 4 clicks to get my template to apply. This seems very difficult, and not very productive. 

Would you consider please creating the ability to "stick" one (or more) templates to the New Note menu. Ideally, it would be great to add/remove what templates are presented in the New Note menu. 

Thanks!!

• Like 4

8 replies to this idea

2 minutes ago, thisisbenwoo said:

Would you consider please creating the ability to "stick" one (or more) templates to the New Note menu.

I agree 100%. Why are we just stuck with the templates in the drop down list they think are most useful? We should be able to choose the templates we want (theirs or our own). To be honest it is easier to have a notebook of templates and just copy or duplicate one when needed. 

On 4/16/2021 at 5:26 PM, thisisbenwoo said:

Would you consider please creating the ability to "stick" one (or more) templates to the New Note menu. Ideally, it would be great to add/remove what templates are presented in the New Note menu.

I also agree. It is very annoying when you need so long to come up with the desired, own template. Should get better.

So long

• Like 1
On 4/16/2021 at 5:32 PM, Mike P said:

To be honest it is easier to have a notebook of templates and just copy or duplicate one when needed. 

And there is another reason for this simple solution: Templates cannot be instrumented with tags. If you create a "template" in a special notebook, you may supply it with appropriate tags to jump-start your new note.

• Like 3

This is a fairly obvious idea (including the templates you want in a new note) that should be implemented without asking. If you are going to have templates, make them usable. (Adding tags to templates is a similarly obvious idea). Please work on these things Evernote!

• Like 1