Give us feedback on our discussions Evernote - Listen to the Users.

Users all seem to roughly be saying the same thing.
i.e. Evernote 10 is S L O W, and virtually unusable.

Why do we not see developers taking part in discussion - even defending some of their
crazy new ideas?

Over the months I have made several suggestions for improvements - not even acknowledged.

Evernote if you do not sort out our misgivings about vs 10, we will leave you in droves.
To-day I have again had to install vs 6, as new version (both web and PC based) failed
to take a picture with paste - I know it was there as I could see it in a DOS based
clipboard program that I have been using with Evernote for about 6 years, possibly longer.
Pasted in immediately with vs6.

The only good thing I have so far found is some windows/word based keyboard shortcuts for text insertion.

My only feedback has been a threatening letter telling me not to share my issues with
Evernote publically. If I am forced to leave by an unusable upgrade (i.e.vs 10) I will
tell the world why, which will include the apparent inability to have a dialogue with EN.

You are shooting yourselves in the foot and don't seem to realize or care.

• Level 5*

While I understand your frustrations,  I'd imagine Evernote could happily employ 20-30 staff full-time in responding to all the gripes in the forums. If they have that many staff to spare,  I for one would prefer to see them working on improving the app rather than talking to me.

Subscribers can use the Support link to raise issues and give feedback - though Evernote won't (usually) respond to or comment on feedback.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new 

(Oh - and by the way we're a -mainly- user supported Forum so my feet are pretty safe from random gunfire.)

What a depressing reply, especially from someone who is obviously so highly experienced.

Listening should be a high priority in any firm that wishes to grow, and not just in the IT world.
Not watching the discussion groups beggars belief. Communication is so vital everywhere.

I am saddened - You further diminish my belief in this product which seems to be taking
a wrong turn with vs 10.x.  I don't think I have read anyone praising it.

I can not agree with your comment "I for one would prefer to see them working on improving
the app rather than talking to me."  You would be able to point them to where the app most
needs improvement, where it works well etc..

17 minutes ago, Hobjob said:

Listening should be a high priority in any firm that wishes to grow, and not just in the IT world.
Not watching the discussion groups beggars belief.

I would be surprised if they do not read through most of the comments - at least at the top level. Listening is huge and it would be a big shock if they didn’t. Participating is another thing though - I am sure the % of users who participate in the forums is very small. They really have nothing (or very little) to gain by trying to engage with folks on the forum beyond what they are doing. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Hobjob said:

Not watching the discussion groups beggars belief.

Didn't say they weren't watching - just that they don't engage in debates.  And given the stats on the front page of this forum - 

333813323_ScreenClip2.png.de8077d4add6c7ea278a9034ca38b73a.png

I'd say they have a hard enough time keeping up with all but the most active threads,  without trying to contribute their views.

... and they really care even for old accounts 🙂 (this one here was lost due to some changes in my business account configuration - but the succeeded to re-enable it after some days of work - THXs to EN-support!)

At the top of this forum, there should be an up to date list of known issues, including solutions if there is something the user can do.

A photography software vendor had this feature, and I found the problem I was having including the solution right at the the top.

This forum makes it look as though there were individual issues cropping up for some people. In fact, the existing version of Evernote for Android does not work at all, so everybody must have been having problems. I had some correspondence with Evernote support on an earlier version that kept crashing, and I am sure other Premiium users must have written. In addition, the Android version offers to send feedback, so there must be some idea of what is going wrong (although the app crashed when you click ok to send feedback).

There has been an update to Evernote for Android during the night; let's see if this is now more stable. I have been fighting these problems for six months now.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, mynah said:

In fact, the existing version of Evernote for Android does not work at all, so everybody must have been having problems.

I've seen comments that it runs slowly,  but nothing about it being totally inoperable...

6 hours ago, mynah said:

the Android version offers to send feedback, so there must be some idea of what is going wrong

As far as I know,  it's said that for the last several years...

6 hours ago, mynah said:

At the top of this forum, there should be an up to date list of known issues, including solutions if there is something the user can do.

Impossible to keep up to date - Forum searches (or better yet, general web searches) will usually find the latest post on a given topic.

...And the best fix for any issues with v10 currently is - "use the legacy version" which works for everything except iOS.  Android's can be stepped back,  but you're using a third-party resource for older APK files which is a slight security issue.

On 4/15/2021 at 10:21 PM, Hobjob said:

Why do we not see developers taking part in discussion - even defending some of their
crazy new ideas?

If we did there would be people saying "why are these developers contributing to the forums rather than getting on with what they are supposed to be doing". I'm sure the developers are well aware of the issues and doing their best (within the constraints they have been given) to sort them out. If their best is not good enough then we can go elsewhere - it's called a market econonmy. Meanwhile @gazumpedhas explained how in most cases you can continue to use the legacy apps and wait and see what happens.

Yep, Developers should not be active here. They have to fight for their (internal) sprint goal.

But it would be fine to see some more "Customer Success Officers" here - a group somewhere between support and product management. I'm sure, they have some on their payroll - but sometimes customer feel they are picking popcorn while only watching the forums 😉

On 4/15/2021 at 11:21 PM, Hobjob said:

Users all seem to roughly be saying the same thing.
i.e. Evernote 10 is S L O W, and virtually unusable.
Over the months I have made several suggestions for improvements - not even acknowledged.
The only good thing I have so far found is some windows/word based keyboard shortcuts for text insertion.

The latest EN 10.11.05 for windows is sufficiently responsive now ( I'm running it on a PC with an I7 processor and 16 GB ram). Sometimes, it's even faster than Joplin now. So it is perfectly usable.

I'm a happy user, especially the dark theme is extremely friendly for my eyes. I like the uniform UI.

Of course, I still expect some missing features:  HTML Export is the most important one, and import folder. Also the 50 notes multi select limitation should be solved.

I believe that EN had no other choice than switching to the Electron platform because the majority of the competitors are doing it as well.

This is a unique situation. So yes they need what is called ***ambassadors*** talking here. Not programmers and developers.. these guys should sit still and churn lines of code and fish those bugs. By all respect, if you know what is a programming job about, you know. No time to read posts here. But an ambassador is somebody who can at least communicate to users (right now in this situation we don't even know if they even read the sugestion box).

E.g. aknowledge, understand and keep the score of all the great suggestions here.  

This forum is becoming grumpy as Reddit. Fortunately the mods here are nice people so they don't kick anybody out for not having enough karma.  But it's grumpy full of complains.  

What we need is an IDEA board.  Structured place where we put ideas (and only ideas, not complains), there is voting system in place ...and .. the ambassador's engage .. with focus precisely on ideas.. not on issues or complains.  

What we do is provide free labor/labour to Evenote. We don't get paid.  Yet it's a concept Evernote needs to grasp.

Easy peasy.  Evernote.  Are you listening. 

I'm not going to send you another email because I already send a gazillion emails to you and I'm likely on the no-fly list there.  Good I'm using another nickname or they may freeze my accounts for abusing their email box 😀

On 4/18/2021 at 6:34 PM, gazumped said:

Impossible to keep up to date - Forum searches (or better yet, general web searches) will usually find the latest post on a given topic.

...And the best fix for any issues with v10 currently is - "use the legacy version" which works for everything except iOS.  Android's can be stepped back,  but you're using a third-party resource for older APK files which is a slight security issue.

Thank you for replying. You are really a guru here : )

Ah, but I have never had any luck with general web searches or forum search concerning Evernote. Sometimes I find my issue solved in an old version 2018. It is not really easy to describe what is going on. I recently spent a whole afternoon describing what my Evernote for Android was doing (or not doing) to support, and asked them what permissions, if any, were required. (Among other things, it got stuck in cycles of "preparing your new app"). They were not really able to answer (understandably) and asked me to re-install the app, but I had done this twice already.

Also, "shares to Evernote" from other apps on Android, that I used a lot, now only open Evernote and do nothing. I would like to know if this feature should be working or will be re-added in the future. Can you find the answer to that in reasonable time by searching?

I believe a lot of people are having the same problems but don't have the time or the wording to find or make a new post.

I still think that it should be easy to find up to date information, such as links to the release notes, and troubleshooting links, at least if there is a major version change. If the advice is to install older versions, there should be links to those, too.This information should, of course, be found by general search as well. This can be just as up to date as the release notes.

If you say that forum people are writing on their own time, I understand that they can not be expected to take care of this. In that case, this information could instead be placed on the help pages. I would be grateful, however, if help would not automatically switch (from a search engine entry) to German as soon as I log in.

EDIT: Just noticed this new post. Maybe this is what we need.