poor sync / conflict behaviour returns

I use iOS and Mac. Maybe this never went away, but it felt like when v10 came out i was getting sync conflicts ALL the time. Then it seemed to improve, but now has returned. If I edit on iOS and then mess around forcing it to sync manually before i minimise the app (because if I do then it never syncs until i go back to Evernote, but that's more iPhone behaviour i guess), then I later go to Mac... it just sits there not syncing so it doesn't ever get the latest note... until you make a mac change, and then if you do you get a conflict. Why does it not just poll the server for changes every so often?? Esp as they got rid of the damn sync button!!

• 3 weeks later...

does no one else care about this? Basically if you've been editing on phone and want to resume editing on mac, you have the kill the mac app and reopen it to force sync... and most of the time you forget and it creates a conflict.... it's pretty poor...?

• Level 5

No issues, even if I have several EN clients open.

What I don’t do is editing a note in one client, leave it there untouched (and maybe not syncing) and start working on the same not in another client. It is obvious that this will create a conflicting situation - no way the server can now decide which change precedes the other. 

But beside provoking it: No syncing issues, since quite a  while.

12 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

No issues, even if I have several EN clients open.

What I don’t do is editing a note in one client, leave it there untouched (and maybe not syncing) and start working on the same not in another client. It is obvious that this will create a conflicting situation - no way the server can now decide which change precedes the other. 

But beside provoking it: No syncing issues, since quite a  while.

Thanks but that is definitely not what I am doing. I said the device with the edits DOES sync. It’s the other device that does not sync those edits down. It just sits there out of date. 

• Level 5

iOS devices may not be syncing until in use again. iOS (for saving battery charge) restricts background activities of apps.

Not sure whether this plays a role in your case, but when taking up an iOS device to work with EN, you can force a sync by dragging the notebook list down a bit, and let go. It should update everything then - or simply after using it a bit.

2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

iOS devices may not be syncing until in use again. iOS (for saving battery charge) restricts background activities of apps.

Not sure whether this plays a role in your case, but when taking up an iOS device to work with EN, you can force a sync by dragging the notebook list down a bit, and let go. It should update everything then - or simply after using it a bit.

Not in this case. On iOS finish editing, return to the notes list and pull down, and only leave the app when the green syncing icon disappears. Every single time.