Damn you evernote, you keep pulling me back...

So I left evernote last year.   Migrated to Apple notes.   For many things notes works great -  basically for storage.   But fast forward to today.   I have two things I am trying to do.

1. Book a vacation (flights, destinations, airbnb)

2. Buy a car - compare options, financing, record the dates that I lifted credit freezes etc.

Turns out EN is soooo much easier to use for these kind of projects.   Three things stand out.

1. Web clipper.    It dominates any other application.  It really does.

2. Linking notes.   Ability to create a master vacation itinerary and then link to the various reservations, and create check lists is just so easy and useful.

3. Tagging.   Organizing notes is so easy.   But no sort by TAG???  What???

Bottom line, EN works here because it is easy to get stuff in, to organize it, and to use it.   I think in the middle of covid lockdown when I wasn't doing anything or going anywhere, I forgot just how much I liked EN for this kind of organizing.   

So now I have a 40% of subscription email from EN in my inbox.  I had cancelled my premium, but I am so tempted to bite the bullet again so I can get it on all my devices.

1 hour ago, gatorbrit said:

So I left evernote last year.   Migrated to Apple notes.   For many things notes works great -  basically for storage.   But fast forward to today.   I have two things I am trying to do.

1. Book a vacation (flights, destinations, airbnb)

2. Buy a car - compare options, financing, record the dates that I lifted credit freezes etc.

Turns out EN is soooo much easier to use for these kind of projects.   Three things stand out.

1. Web clipper.    It dominates any other application.  It really does.

2. Linking notes.   Ability to create a master vacation itinerary and then link to the various reservations, and create check lists is just so easy and useful.

3. Tagging.   Organizing notes is so easy.   But no sort by TAG???  What???

Bottom line, EN works here because it is easy to get stuff in, to organize it, and to use it.   I think in the middle of covid lockdown when I wasn't doing anything or going anywhere, I forgot just how much I liked EN for this kind of organizing.   

So now I have a 40% of subscription email from EN in my inbox.  I had cancelled my premium, but I am so tempted to bite the bullet again so I can get it on all my devices.

Have you played around with the new Home feature much?

1 hour ago, gatorbrit said:

Yes and I like it.  A lot.   Damn you evernote.... I guess I am being sucked back in... :)

It looks great with some of the EN wallpapers/graphics that are in their blog posts. I fell in love with one and have that set as my Home image on my personal account and my Business account I use my logo. That second one I will admit that it's self-serving. People are nosy and now when they're like "what's that" I can kill two birds with one stone. Lol.

I do keep a back up system in Apple Notes now though. Started it when the new version started to become a reality just in case and have kind of gotten a flow going with that as well. However, nobody does a web clipper as well as Evernote.

I've been moving back and forward from EN to Apple Notes, Bear, OneNote and Day One for almost two years. Evernote is still the best overall. Apple Notes is a very close second but the web clipper for EN is a massively underrated.

With Covid bringing about a lot of working from home, Evernote has been amazing for keeping me organised at work and at home with a home extension. Not wanting to use paperwork in the office for Covid hygiene reasons now, Evernote on my laptop and iPhone which can be easily wiped down is brilliant.

• Like 1

agreed.  That 40% off was the final straw to bring me back from one note.  Now, the problem is spending the time to reorganize all my exported stuff from one note.  With no export function my evernote is a giant pile of mess.  Love the home feature also, especially the clipboard.