Tags Automatically Assigned to New Note

This seems random, but frequent enough that it's annoying. When I create a new note by clicking on the new note button, sometimes three tags are added to the note and other times they are not. It is usually the same three tags, but there is nothing I'm doing that has anything to do with them. I am not aware of a feature that automatically adds tags and I cannot find a behavior I am doing that makes sense for them to be added, but there they are. 

Anyone else? 

• Like 1
  • david grant changed the title to Tags Automatically Assigned to New Note
8 hours ago, david grant said:

This seems random, but frequent enough that it's annoying. When I create a new note by clicking on the new note button, sometimes three tags are added to the note and other times they are not. It is usually the same three tags, but there is nothing I'm doing that has anything to do with them. I am not aware of a feature that automatically adds tags and I cannot find a behavior I am doing that makes sense for them to be added, but there they are. 

Anyone else? 

The only time this happens to me is if I've filtered on one or more tags and then create a new note, the new note will be assigned the same tags. I assume this is on purpose, as it's very useful! Otherwise, I'm not experiencing this problem. Perhaps test and see if that's what happening to you?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

The only time this happens to me is if I've filtered on one or more tags and then create a new note, the new note will be assigned the same tags. I assume this is on purpose, as it's very useful! Otherwise, I'm not experiencing this problem. Perhaps test and see if that's what happening to you?

Thanks, Paul. That would make sense, bBut that is not what is happening. I am having this happen when I have all notes selected and the tags that are added have nothing to do with the notes around them. I know that because I thought the same thing, but one in particular that seems to be consistently showing up is a tag I used a long time ago that is actually structural for my tag hierarchy and not even used in any actual notes.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, david grant said:

I am having this happen when I have all notes selected and the tags that are added have nothing to do with the notes around them.

My experience is the same as @Paul A. (I actually don't like the feature and wish I could switch it off like you can in the legacy version).

Does this happen in the web version as well? I guesss if it is sporadic that will be difficult to test.

You could try a force reload (I'm not on mac but on windows it's ctrl-shift-R).

Again on Windows EN can get a fixation with some previous search - I don't know whether your issue is related. The way to get round it is to go to all notes and then close EN completly (including the EN icon) before switching off.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I can confirm. Tags are auto-populated to each note I am creating on Android app. At first glance, the sort/file menu only shows two tags assigned to the new note. But opening the note shows all tags I had  recently used are now being added to *each new note* I create. Opened EN on desktop to figure out the extent of the problem, and it looks like it's appending incorect tags to each note for the last 3 months.

Reached out to Evernote support, and asked for some form of recovery for 3 months of erroneously tagged notes, and was basically told "go away, good luck with your future EN use"

From Support:

"" Evernote Help and Learning)

Apr 15, 2021, 23:39 PDT

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching back to us, and for your patience about this matter.

I appreciate the effort to list down your experiences with Evernote.

You're a Premium user for 10 years with Evernote experiences of device upgrades, family changes, and overseas deployments.

Evernote wasn't usable due to the Evernote not retrieving the app. You gave up creating any new notes, and just kept Evernote as an archive of previous notes during the 10 years.

Instead of leaving Evernote, you would like to support it, and hoping for changes on the new version.

You can't use the Evernote without constantly correcting each created note where erroneous tags are being populated and make Evernote unusable.

The workaround is to open the app on Windows to clear the tag by opening each note.

Lastly, you're looking for a six months of Premium for not being able to use it in the past, and until the issue is fixed.

Unfortunately, we currently don't have a promotion. However, I'll make sure that your experience will get to our management team for future reference.

Feel free to reach back if you need anything else.

Regards,
Customer Support Representative ""