Please, disable spellcheck _everywhere_

ViktorN

Idea

Hello,

Can you please extend the "Disable spellcheck" feature to the whole application?

In one of my previous posts, I stated that if the new Evernote will come up with the disable spellcheck option, I will upgrade my subscription  from Plus to Premium. They did... and I upgraded. But it looks like that I should have waited.

It seems that they implemented the "disable spellcheck" switch only half way. :(It, indeed, works in the main application. Nevertheless, if I open a note in a new window I still see the red lines in notes written in another language than Windows default. I do often open multiple EN windows and the red lines are really disturbing. And the same issue is with the Scratch pad widget (but this is only minor).

Can you look into this, please?

V.

7 replies to this idea

So when will this really be solved? 
This issue is open for a long time, see: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/128874-feature-released-in-version-107-ability-to-disable-spell-checking/#comment-605488, which thread was closed by Shane D. because it was solved in version 10.7. However, like ViktorN, noted it is not solved when you open any note in a separate window. I'm using version 10.12.5 on Windows and still not solved.

It is annoying when literally all text in the note is underlined with red lines. So when will this be properly solved? 

Has this been fixed? I don't see any way to stop seeing people's names, proper nouns, cities all displayed as if mis spelled in my notes. There is no menu item under Preferences to turn it off. This is the most incredible disregard for Usability that I can imagine, my notes have red lines all through them and I can't turn them off. How can any Software company think this is OK? Am going to keep using Legacy until the F that up too. I probably should not be giving this company an more of my time and money.

Still not fixed.

There probably was a version when it was fine, but it came back in the next version.

Sometimes, it is all right when typing, but when I open an older note all my text is marked with spelling errors, as my language is not English.

It has now been two years since I first mentioned this, in another thread, please fix this, this is embarrassing.

• Level 5

The new client is not in the market for 2 years already. Just to mention it, seems you are really waiting for this to change.

There is a setting in EN preferences where you switch spells checking off. Works for me.

About non English users: My language is not English as well. But it supports spell checking in my native tongue as well. So maybe it is more a case of supported vs. not supported languages.