Installing EN version 10 without loosing version 6

Hi all,

i am currently using Evernote 6.25.1.9091 on my Windows 10 PC.

I want to try version 10, but without loosing my installed version 6.

How do I have to proceed?

Cheers,

Andreas

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, akrde said:

Hi. 

Here's a preview:  

To roll back...

Using your existing v6 installation,  find your database folder with Tools > Options > General and open it. 

1. File > Exit Evernote.
  2. Copy your databases folder to the desktop as a failsafe backup
  3. Install/ update to v10

From this point you could install the 'Legacy' version of Evernote (6.25.2) which will co-exist with v10 and not update;  or you could reinstall your current version (6.25.1) from here - http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.25.1.9091.exe - don't forget to Tools > Options again if you do,  and kill "search for updates".

v10 should leave your existing database in place,  but if it does not,  simply reinstall Evernote 6.25 and copy your backed-up version of the Databases folder over the new installation folder.

Legacy:  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

5 hours ago, akrde said:

Another thing to do would be to just try the web version. There are obviously a few differences but not that many and you will certainly get a good feel of what it's like.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies.

I've tried the Evernote web version. God damn, where are all the good features of the Windows 6.x app?

If that's roughly the same as the EN 10 Windows app, then I'd rather stick with my installed version 6.25.1 for now. ;)

Is there a complete list of missing features somewhere?

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, akrde said:

Is there a complete list of missing features somewhere?

Don't believe so - I did ask for a definitive list of what's in and what's out of EN10 some while ago.  No-one has posted anything that I'm aware of...