No longer able to annotate PDFs saved in Evernote for Android. Any ideas how to fix?

For years I have saved lengthy PDF files in Evernote so I could highlight and annotate them and then a summary of my notes would be generated in the PC version of Evernote. It's one of the most powerful features (or was) of the app. A PDF in Android would have 3 dots next to it, I would click there, and "annotate" was one of the options. Now, there are no dots. 

Please tell me this isn't yet another feature being eliminated. The developers/ring-wraiths at Evernote are about to cause me to drop my paid subscription. After almost 10 years...

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated. 

Ok. After stumbling on to the NEW location of the mysterious 3 dots (you have to gently long-touch the PDF file within the note), I found the menu to select "annotate".

One major problem though, when I select ANNOTATE, the PDF is loaded and is about 2 inches wide on the screen with no visible way to zoom in. In the prior version, you could use two fingers to zoom in. If you do that now, the app starts drawing instead.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

No suggestion here. 

Without zooming / rotating a PDF on a Android phone it's impossible to use this.

In the old version there was on the right hand side ( where you select between arrow - rectangle - text - mark - sticker ) also a 'move' option. This allowed you to move and to zoom. Where can I find this function now?

Navigation and zooming in a PDF to annotate seems like basis functionality to me.

Screenshot_20210618-102616.jpg

• Level 5

Zoom is currently only working in view mode. When switching to annotate, the zoom is not working.

This is already requested in several postings here, no release date known for a fix.

Currently the only (Bad) workaround is to export the pdf to another app, annotate it there and bring it back into EN. No joy in doing this  …

• Sad 2
  • 1 year later...

It is a year and a half later and as far as I can tell there is still no way to get basic PDF annotations working correctly on Android.

Why can't I do something simple, like open a PDF-within-a-note with a quality PDF editor (Squid would be my choice, but this doesn't seem to work for any editor), mark it up with the s-pen, and then save it back in place?

This is basic OS functionality. 

Worse, as far as I can tell, the ability to annotate PDFs at all, even through Evernote-specific means, seems to be completely broken on Android.

When can we expect any of this to work?