Sharing "kill switch" -- Revoke all sharing links

vancinad

Idea

I think we need a way to revoke sharing for notes en masse. If there's a person I no longer want to share with, or a notebook/tag I no longer want shared, or I want to revoke all "bearer" links (anyone with the link can view), etc... there should be a quick way of doing that. 

As is, I don't even know how I'd determine quickly what notes are shared, much less with whom, and then how to cancel those shares other than going through every note manually. 

This seems like an important security item. 

Does anyone agree? Is there a solution already that I'm just not aware of?

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

12 minutes ago, vancinad said:

As is, I don't even know how I'd determine quickly what notes are shared, much less with whom, and then how to cancel those shares other than going through every note manually. 

This seems like an important security item. 

After finding the notes that are shared using @DTLow's answer you will need to look at each result to determine if you have shared it with a particular person or just made it a shareable link and then remove the permission. If it is a shareable link I assume that if you revoke it and then make it shareable in order to share it with somebody else in the future the original person will regain access.

You can also see which notes are shared in the notebook menu screen but this is only really practical if you have a few notes as there is no filter in the view.

Note that the search syntax does not list notes shared through a shared notebook but it is easy to see if a notebook is shared in the notebook menu screen.