Sure but

1) That's definetly less convenient than the previous UI option

2) starting it in this way, Evernote is started opened. You can change the shortcut to start it minimized , but sill Evernote starts opened. What I'd like is it to just start in the notification area !
Is there a command line parameter to make it just start in the notification area?

• Evernote Expert
On 4/15/2021 at 2:14 PM, lbit said:

Is there a command line parameter to make it just start in the notification area?

No. You have to create the shortcut manually.

You are correct, that there isn't a method to open Evernote v10 closed but in the notification area - at least there may be some clever third-party software that will do it but nothing built in.

Evernote can still happily live in the tray area (once you have started it and then closed), which is 1) the best solution in my opinion 2) the normal "idle" position of evernote when closed  by design, and 3)  what the tray has been designed for. Older versions of evernnote included an "evernotetray.exe" executable that could be used to start it in the tray, but now v10.10.5 has lost both the autostart option and that executable, so there seem to be no easy workaround to keep the good old behaviour and only palliative and much worse solutions (if you link it in the autostart folder it starts maximized; if you pin to taskbar it is not autostarted at all AND takes space in the taskbar....) - so, a considerable step backwards in my opinion....

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...