Offline Access

Hi,  I've just been reading the Evernote release note that can be found here  - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047889234-What-s-new-in-Evernote-for-Windows

One of the items says......

1. Can I use the new Evernote app offline?  - Yes. To use Evernote offline, ensure you are signed in to the app before disconnecting from the internet

Does this mean that if you internet connection is down when you start the desktop app, that you won't be able to use it as you need to potentially predict an outage and start the app before the connection is disconnected?  Can EV claim that they really support offline access?  This confuses me however, as I just pulled the ethernet out of my PC, then started Evernote, and it seemed to work.  Am I missing something here?

2 minutes ago, Mayonline said:

This confuses me however, as I just pulled the ethernet out of my PC, then started Evernote, and it seemed to work.  Am I missing something here?

There has been some discussion of this in the past. My experience is like yours. It appears that if you have logged in to the app on that machine and it has downloaded your data in the past, you can open the app without an internet connection.

• Like 1