Hi,

I still use EN 6.xxx after a very short trip with 10.

I have a very short list of questions about V10 to understand if I shall migrate to 10 or not  :

• may I have all my notebooks in local storage and no web connection and still use EN (of course with no sync while no web connection) ?
  • may I backup my local storage notebooks and then restore them later ? Is Enscript application available to do automatic exports ?
  • Are there more encrypt functions except just text note encrypting ? How and where is encrypt password stored  (even for text encrypting) ? 
  • may I use new and old EN version with same datebase ?
  • what new functions in v10 are dedicated only to premium users (I used to be one) ?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm also using 6.25 with no immediate plans to upgrade.  AFAIK the answers to your questions are:

1. No
  2. No
  3. No
  4. Not exactly. The same primary database that exists on Evernote's servers will serve both old and new versions. If installed locally you would have two separate folders containing your notes,  separately syncing with the server for updates.
  5. Pretty much the same as you remember - higher limits,  and access to Support, Note History and note creation by email.  

(NB: Some v10 users might have more to add,  so you might want to wait for more comments before deciding!)

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, Jbrzzzzz said:

may I have all my notebooks in local storage and no web connection and still use EN

A bit of confusion with this point

A copy of our data is stored locally (optional feature); the master version is stored on the Evernote servers   
This allows EN to be run offline (no internet connection)    
This local data may be backed up; no scripting available

This should not be confused with Local Notebooks; a Legacy product feature
These were stored locally, and not sync'd to the servers

>>How and where is encrypt password stored  (even for text encrypting) ? 

Encryptions are self-contained objects, holding the password key in addition to the text

• Evernote Expert

There are a very few additional Premium features in or coming to Evernote 10. For example there are more options for configuring the new Home dashboard. There are also some features in beta that I'm not able to comment on. Again Basic users will get a basic function and Premium will, I believe, see some enhanced options.

Otherwise, I'd not advise a complete switch to version 10.  I'm using it for 85% of my workflow.  But there are a few things that the legacy still does or does better.