• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here on 10.15.6.  I have updated at least 4 versions since the blank note issue started happening.  It's never fixed, and now replaced with the "window not responding" since 2 versions ago.  When can this be finally fixed?  It's really really frustrating. 

The original issue was reported here,

I'm on MacOS 11.4 Big Sur and have kept Evernote upgraded. Now on Evernote 10.15.6.  Almost every morning, after the machine has been asleep, the window is blank and I get the "Window Not Responding" Keep Waiting or Relaunch message. Clicking Relaunch fixes it but this just seems like someone put a hack in to avoid a serious issue. 

I have been getting this behavior since I reinstalled Evernote three months ago. 

I've been having this same issue for months now. I have uninstalled & re-installed I'm not sure how many times. I can't believe EN has still not fixed this. iPhone & iPad apps work fine, it's just the Mac app that does not work.

• Level 5

To solve Mac problems:

Don‘t use the AppStore version, only use the direct download.

If uninstalling did not help: Get the app AppCleaner, it is free from the internet. Use it to uninstall. Make sure you tick all boxes to uninstall everything. Then restart the Mac, and reinstall from the EN website.

If you let the Mac sleep for the night, quit EN before. Use cmd-q, not only the close command. Restart it after you woke the Mac the next day. Probably EN tries to sync right away, before the internet connection is established.