web clipper now quick notes and no longer keeps url with note

I see that I now have a grey elephant (instead of a green one) and a white elephant in a black circle on my chrome toolbar. Both of them bring up a place to enter a quick note and then both have icons along the bottom or top for screen capture, capture window and capture selection. If I choose capture selection I get the standard mac version of crosshairs and the coordinates of the crosshairs on the screen. In other words, I get a simple screenshot with no link to the web page. The web clipper description on the help page still refers to saving web pages, articles and pdfs.

I hope the old functionality will soon be restored.

10 hours ago, susagail said:

thanks but it's not the case on the mac version and when I look at the note info the url field is blank.

The screen shot is really helpful. The title of the note and the fact that you have the whole screen shows that you are using the in-app screen shot functionaility not the webclipper. There si no way that it could know the url - you are just taking a picture of the screen.

If you use the EN web clipper to get the screen shot of the webpage you will get the url.