Forcing storage to be the boot drive (c drive)

Forcing users to use their boot drives to store their offline storage is a bug (or just an awful, ill-thought out technical decision). With uploads of 10gb a month, that's expecting users to have boot drives of 120gb just for Everynote data. This means unless this changes it means the product quickly becomes unusable.

Oups - don't exaggerate ;-). No one will reach monthly upload limits. Only the content of your account(s) will be cached unter %appdata%/Evernote. This is app. 5 GB with my ~15 kNotes.

Storing such data below %Appdata% is common use in nearly all Windows applications. But it would be fine to get a possibility to move Evernotes' local data to a folder of user's choice like it was possible in Legacy version. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Matt Whitby said:

Forcing users to use their boot drives to store their offline storage

You should know the offline storage feature is optional

If it's not working for you - don't use it

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Matt Whitby said:

With uploads of 10gb a month

Yeah - I work (mostly) paper-free,  and I have trouble exceeding 1GB per month.  Even when I digitized a small business library a while back I don't think it went above 2GB for a month or two.  And - as noted above - the stored file is (AFAIK) a temp store of a search index and some notes-in-use which probably excludes as standard any notes that haven't been opened for a while.  If you opt to retain it,  then you'll get all notes for offline processing.  Plus as long as you have an internet connection you can always close the app and reopen it or use web access for odd lookups. 

Version 10 is not the most popular app,  but IMHO this isn't exactly one of its glaring faults.  Better installation options may be possible in future - but lets get the app to fully usable first...please!

Please confirm how I can change the Windows 10 default storage folder from the C drive with latest version of Evernote for Windows.

My C drive has limited space and even if it had more space, I don't want to use the C drive for Evernote data storage.

On 4/8/2021 at 5:51 PM, gazumped said:

Yeah - I work (mostly) paper-free,  and I have trouble exceeding 1GB per month.  Even when I digitized a small business library a while back I don't think it went above 2GB for a month or two.  And - as noted above - the stored file is (AFAIK) a temp store of a search index and some notes-in-use which probably excludes as standard any notes that haven't been opened for a while.  If you opt to retain it,  then you'll get all notes for offline processing.  Plus as long as you have an internet connection you can always close the app and reopen it or use web access for odd lookups. 

Version 10 is not the most popular app,  but IMHO this isn't exactly one of its glaring faults.  Better installation options may be possible in future - but lets get the app to fully usable first...please!

Sure. There are many omissions in v10, but this was annoying since my understand was it wouldn't change whereas other missing functionality - I believe - will reappear at some point.