Clipper results in email with PDF attachments that don't open/display

Hi all,

Still trying to get used to Evernote X as a power user - it's been tough...

One major thing is nagging at me. I'm not sure If I'm doing something wrong. When I use the clipper to clip a Gmail email message with a PDF attachment, the attachment won't display inline in the Evernote note, or open automatically. In Evernote X, I have to double-click on the attachment, save it to my hard drive, and open it manually with Adobe Acrobat.

For the same note, when I open the note in Evernote Legacy edition (or earlier version), the PDF displays in-line in the note, and I can click on it once and evernote will display the PDF full-screen.

Why won't Evernote X do the same thing that older versions of Evernote does?  Am I missing a setting?

17 minutes ago, EricBen said:

One major thing is nagging at me. I'm not sure If I'm doing something wrong. When I use the clipper to clip a Gmail email message with a PDF attachment, the attachment won't display inline in the Evernote note, or open automatically. In Evernote X, I have to double-click on the attachment, save it to my hard drive, and open it manually with Adobe Acrobat.

I can reproduce that behaviour. The whole email appears in a web clip box. If I "simplify and make editable" I then get the pdf inline and can change it to an attachment.

The other alternative to try is to email it directly into your account.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I can reproduce that behaviour. The whole email appears in a web clip box. If I "simplify and make editable" I then get the pdf inline and can change it to an attachment.

The other alternative to try is to email it directly into your account.

Glad I'm not alone!

Forgive me - how do you "simplify and make editable"? I can't find that as an option in Evernote.

10 hours ago, EricBen said:

how do you "simplify and make editable"?

Click the grey web clip banner. Then hit the magic wand icon that appears. You can also hit the three dots menu and choose the option from there.

image.png.9ce1f76bce62e60d3ccf74e01c11480b.png

By the way emailing into my account, which as a premium member you can do, also worked.

• Thanks 1