Pop Up/Pop Out a Window Whne Creaing a new note

RobertTostevin

Idea

One thing I really miss that was in the old version and is not (yet) in the new version is the "Pop Up/Pop Out a Window  when Creaing a new note"

Previously when clicking "new Note" on the Windows version it would pop up a new windows for you to then enter the Title text etc

It was great for several reasons:

1 It gives you more room to write the note

2. You can see it in context within the list that its being saved to - ie when you add the title & tags you see it in the list behind

3. It allows you to write it whilst still navigating the main app in the background window : to link to or look up other related notes data for the new note

And lastly .. it just feels "more natural" for this to be the behaviour

Please an you add this feature back in again - it might sound like a small thing bit to ee it is a BIG feature making Evernote a lot better and user freindly

3 replies to this idea

13 hours ago, RobertTostevin said:

One thing I really miss that was in the old version and is not (yet) in the new version is the "Pop Up/Pop Out a Window  when Creaing a new note"

If you create a new note within the app I agree there is no way to create it in a new window. There are at least three ways to then open that new note in a new window but that is obviously an extra step.

If you use the global key board shortcut (alt-ctrl-N) for creating a new note the new note is automatically created in a new Window.

Unfortunately the keyboard shortcut doesn't work on a Mac, and there is still not at least an option (right-mouse menu, ellipse menu, or preferences) to specify creating a new note in a new window. This was the default value in the older version of Evernote and should at least be an option in current versions. I'm not even picky about how such a feature is made available, but restoring this functionality would go a long way to seeing Evernote in a better light.